Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my kid bought a 2021 BT Edition that included the STP but only with a sport button; my question is why is there no launch control option like on the 2017 and 2018 models? Are the files just disabled and need to be unlocked? There are no performance pages on the U-connect only in the cluster and then they do not allow setting launch parameters or offer the "line lock." Is there a way to access or install these so that you can set up these parameters? If not I will just tell him to wait until his warranty is up and we'll install all the drag goodies when we give the driveline a street/drag makeover in stock guise.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide body A8 in Go Mango
151 Posts
Certain features were not available on my Scat Pack until a certain amount of miles (break in period). Probably the same for the RT. Can’t remember the exact amount of miles off the top of my head. Check his owners manual.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,147 Posts
So curious, there is no STP package anymore? On 2021, all trims up to Scat Pack have Performance Pages, Scat Pack and up have SRT Pages. Performance Pages include Timers, Gauges, G-Force, Engine, and Dyno. This does not include Drive Modes, Launch Control, or Line Lock. This is true of prior years as well, 2015-2018 you needed the STP package to get Performance Pages, they are now standard SXT to R/T. There has been no STP package since 2018 (last year)

To get to the Performance Pages, In Uconnect press the Apps button on the touchscreen then press the Performance Pages button. Starts at page 192 in attached manual

Sport mode also standard SXT through R/T

A Guy

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T Hellraisin M6
416 Posts
so my kid bought a 2021 BT Edition that included the STP but only with a sport button; my question is why is there no launch control option like on the 2017 and 2018 models? Are the files just disabled and need to be unlocked? There are no performance pages on the U-connect only in the cluster and then they do not allow setting launch parameters or offer the "line lock." Is there a way to access or install these so that you can set up these parameters? If not I will just tell him to wait until his warranty is up and we'll install all the drag goodies when we give the driveline a street/drag makeover in stock guise.
You should have line lock and launch control options in the performance pages menu on the Uconnect. My '21 RT has them. There is a second page in the performance pages screen - a button on the top side of the menu - that's where you'll find those options.

·
Registered
16,471 Posts
Does he have the 7.0 radio or the bigger 8.4?

Used to be only the 8.4 gave you the full performance pages.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does he have the 7.0 radio or the bigger 8.4?

Used to be only the 8.4 gave you the full performance pages.

He has the 7.0 screen.

You should have line lock and launch control options in the performance pages menu on the Uconnect. My '21 RT has them. There is a second page in the performance pages screen - a button on the top side of the menu - that's where you'll find those options.
Does your R/T have a sport mode button?

·
Registered
16,471 Posts
He has the 7.0 screen.
I'm thinking that's gonna be the issue.

Also on those 7.0 cars the Super Track Pack button on the console was missing, that was the dead giveaway that you didn't have the Performance Pages.

Sorry about that, don't know why Dodge didn't make this more clear, you just figured since it has STP it would have everything it's supposed to have.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,147 Posts
So a R/T also has the Drive Modes that the manual says are only 6.4 engines?? News to me! Could this be a Canadian only thing? If not, what package triggers the STP button and the availability of Launch Control?

A Guy

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T Hellraisin M6
416 Posts
Yep. Sport mode button and the STP button are both on the centre stack.

So a R/T also has the Drive Modes that the manual says are only 6.4 engines?? News to me! Could this be a Canadian only thing? If not, what package triggers the STP button and the availability of Launch Control?

A Guy
Hmm not sure to be honest. The only package I got was the nav+8 inch screen. Everything else is bone stock.

·
Premium Member
2021 SPWB Shaker A8
647 Posts
My 2016 R/T 5.7 had a Sport Mode button and the 8.4 but no performance pages, and my buddy's 2018 Charger R/T also has sport mode but no PP with the 8.4".

More recently, the stripped down 2020 SXT I rented a while back also had a Sport Mode button with the 7.0 screen, and had a lower level software interface. They cannot be tuned at the component level like what you get in SPs and HCs, just push the button and go.

·
Registered
16,471 Posts

A Guy
With the 8.4 and STP they should have the Dodge Performance Pages. These cars also have the shortcut Super Track Pack button on the console, the 7.0 radio cars do not.

The 6.4L through 2018 had the same (all had the 8.4 radio) but 2019-up will have the SRT Performance Pages.

Both should have launch control.

My 2016 R/T 5.7 had a Sport Mode button and the 8.4 but no performance pages, and my buddy's 2018 Charger R/T also has sport mode but no PP with the 8.4".
Needed both STP and 8.4 to have gotten the Performance Pages.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,147 Posts
With the 8.4 and STP they should have the Dodge Performance Pages.
I understand, but there is no STP package any more? And PP are standard on all SXT to R/T

A Guy

·
Registered
16,471 Posts
I understand, but there is no STP package any more? And PP are standard on all SXT to R/T

A Guy
I thought STP was merely just made standard starting in 2019 but all the previous rules apply, like needing the 8.4 radio.

Reactions: A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,147 Posts
It's possible that all just natively have STP, true. But I didn't realize any with just PP had Launch Control

A Guy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
He has the 7.0 screen.

Yeah it has the button. It has all the track timers and stuff but they are only displayed in the cluster mini screen and as far as he can tell, cannot be customized for launch. I have spent a bunch of time on YouTube and it seems almost like Dodge decided to trim the STP feature back in what the user can customize so that if a person wants those features they have to step up to a Scat Pack or SRT level car which means that you cannot get these features with a 5.7 engine. I tried to build this car on the Dodge website and they did not offer the STP package without the addition of a performance handling group 1595.00 premium. What is crazy is the window sticker shows the addition of the steering paddle-shift control feature as a 1595.00 premium in his build sheet. When he goes to the Dodge owners site and signs in it shows the STP as standard features for his car. Then when you read what comes in the package online it lists the GY Eagle F1 tires, Bilstein lowering suspension, vented rotors & upgraded calipers (which he does not have), the track performance record apps (timers, dyno, g-force, etc), paddle shift, launch control (doesnt have) 9" rims (doesn't have), and a few others. Then when you read the R/T owners manual it states if sport mode equipped it is controller delete.

I may be over thinking this a bit, but does this not defeat the purpose of calling it a Super Track Pack? I mean sure you could sit there foot braking the car after upgrading your brake system that was supposed to be upgraded from the factory anyway, but the transbrake was a more track oriented feature that if it truly worked like a professional unit in a Street/Strip drag car, actually made that package worth the premium.

Go build a R/T on Dodge's site and look at the Performance Handling Group for 1595.00 it lists a 230mm rear, 3.09 or 3.90 ratio, 9.5" Lights out rims, Brembo brakes, high-performance suspension, Flat bottomed steering wheel with paddle shift, sport tuned steering. It doess not state as to whether you get the performance pages suite and full STP adjustability. It makes me wonder if paying 1.5k for an STP is worth it at all anymore because you do not get the full treatment that it used to come with a mere 3.5 years ago? Maybe they need to make different tiers of a Scat Pack so that the buyer can get their power train of choice and just eliminate the STP option all together. Not only that but make paddle shift standard on all automatic cars and the track day features a Scat Pack/SRT exclusive software regardless of drivetrain choice.

Heck my daughter's Camry has paddle shift as a standard feature and she has a base model. My wife has a Corolla Eco that has a sport mode for the trans that remaps her CVT tranny and ECU to make the car more responsive and it did not cost an extra 1.6k. Do not mislead people to get more money it is irresponsible and thievery IMO. Otherwise rename it as a sport pack because there is nothing super track about pushing a sport mode button to activate a paddle shift feature there are too many cars that feature that as standard.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts