Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody TorRed
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

Today a dream for me came true. I was able to place an order for a scat pack widebody here in Phoenix (Peoria) Arizona. I wanted to see if anyone had an idea of the build time? I was told 8 weeks minimum at my local dealer. Does that sound about right? I also wanted to see if anyone was able to order the dual carbon stripe for the scat pack at the dealership. I was told that was not an option in the intial build but they could add it when they receive the car (Larry h miller dodge Peoria)

I am new to challengertalk but I am very excited to speak with you all and your experiences owning and buying a challenger. I’ve been a dodge owner now for almost 10 years starting with a challenger v6 then upgrading to an RT in 2015. I look forward to hearing your experience in build times and ownsership of scat pack!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
22,580 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;)

A Guy

Reactions: Gregdetroit

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hello All!

Today a dream for me came true. I was able to place an order for a scat pack widebody here in Phoenix (Peoria) Arizona. I wanted to see if anyone had an idea of the build time? I was told 8 weeks minimum at my local dealer. Does that sound about right? I also wanted to see if anyone was able to order the dual carbon stripe for the scat pack at the dealership. I was told that was not an option in the intial build but they could add it when they receive the car (Larry h miller dodge Peoria)

I am new to challengertalk but I am very excited to speak with you all and your experiences owning and buying a challenger. I’ve been a dodge owner now for almost 10 years starting with a challenger v6 then upgrading to an RT in 2015. I look forward to hearing your experience in build times and ownsership of scat pack!
Welcome and CONGRATS on your SP/WB!!! What color did you order? So, yes the 8 weeks minimum is a safe bet for the dealer to tell the customer, Mine was 3 days shy of 8 weeks from order placement to arrival on the dealers lot with a 19 day shutdown at the Brampton, ON plant. I think that they are working through a backlog of builds due to the plant shutdown.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger SP WB - Hellraisin, A8, Plus Pckg, Tech Grp, Driver Conv, Alpine, Sunroof, Spoiler
115 Posts
congrats on the car! hit us with the build details.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome and CONGRATS on your SP/WB!!! What color did you order? So, yes the 8 weeks minimum is a safe bet for the dealer to tell the customer, Mine was 3 days shy of 8 weeks from order placement to arrival on the dealers lot with a 19 day shutdown at the Brampton, ON plant. I think that they are working through a backlog of builds due to the plant shutdown.
That helps a ton thank you! I went with TorRed with the carbon black rims and red break calipers.

congrats on the car! hit us with the build details.
Appreciate it!
TorRed
Black Carbon wheels
Red break calipers
305 p zero summer tires
Performance spoiler
Alcantara seats (ruby red and black)
U connect Nav
Harmon 18 speaker sound system
Plus package
Carbon and suede package
Driver convenience package
Automatic transmission

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ordered an Indigo Blue Scat Pack Widebody Shaker 6M Saturday. Dealer said normally 8 weeks, but a microchip shortage may impact the delivery date.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Edit. Not sure what I did there. 😄

I'm excited for you guys! I hope to be ordering soon as well.
I will likely order:

Sinamon stick (No stripes) SC WB Shaker
Black Carbon wheels
Red brake calipers
305 p zero summer tires
Alcantara seats (Carmel)
Plus package
Carbon and suede package
6M transmission

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ordered an Indigo Blue Scat Pack Widebody Shaker 6M Saturday. Dealer said normally 8 weeks, but a microchip shortage may impact the delivery date.
Congrats man! I’ve been reading up on the chip shortage as others have brought it up. I hope for both of our sakes it doesn’t take too long. I sold my 15 challenger rt to carvana so I’m stuck with the wife’s Kia until then. I’m a big guy and driving around in a Kia just cramps my style and my body you know? Lol

I will likely order:

Sinamon stick (No stripes) SC WB Shaker
Black Carbon wheels
Red brake calipers
305 p zero summer tires
Alcantara seats (Carmel)
Plus package
Carbon and suede package
6M transmission

SaveShare
Reply Quote
[IMG alt="HansES"]https://www.challengertalk.com/d1/avatars/m/257/257840.jpg?1602275090[/IMG]
HansES
·Registered
Joined 4 mo ago
·
9 Posts
#7 22 m ago

SaveShare
Reply Quote
[IMG alt="Wm. Internet Rock DJ"]https://www.challengertalk.com/d1/avatars/m/254/254748.jpg?1596757925[/IMG]
Wm. Internet Rock DJ
·Registered
2011 SE/SXT
Joined 8 mo ago
·
851 Posts
#8 a moment ago

There is a Chip Shortage and has been going on for a few months.

SaveShare
Reply Quote
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Remove formatting

BoldItalicUnderline

Text colorFont size

AttachmentInsert linkInsert imageGallery embedSmiliesInsert

AlignmentListInsert table

UndoRedo

DraftsToggle BB code

Insert Quotes(3)PreviewPost reply

Recommended Reading
  1. 2016 Scat Pack on build order, Connecticut
    New Member Introductions
  2. OMG!!! The countdown BEGINS!!!
    6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)
  3. 2012 Black 392 on it's way :)
    New Member Introductions
  4. New South Florida SRT Owner
    General Challenger Discussion
  5. Who's got a 2013 Billet Silver SRT? I do!
    General Challenger Discussion

• VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada

• Forum software by XenForo RSS
Oh nice man! I love that color. I was leaning towards that color but man seeing the TorRed with this black carbon ribs sold me on getting that color. It also helps red and black is literally my favorite color on most things so it would be tough to not chose that lol

·
Registered
468 Posts
Oh nice man! I love that color. I was leaning towards that color but man seeing the TorRed with this black carbon ribs sold me on getting that color. It also helps red and black is literally my favorite color on most things so it would be tough to not chose that lol
I hear ya. The only reason I likely won't go with red is my last 2 cars (Mustang GT and Corvette GS) were red.
Time for a change.
I do prefer bright colors such as red as they don't show dirt and dust as much.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hear ya. The only reason I likely won't go with red is my last 2 cars (Mustang GT and Corvette GS) were red.
Time for a change.
I do prefer bright colors such as red as they don't show dirt and dust as much.
Yeah very true! I was actually going to go with destroyer gray but they replaced that with smoke show and I’m just not a fan. It’s a little too light for my liking. My 2015 challenger rt I just sold was the crystal granite gray which I loved but you are right it showed dirt like crazy

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker Widebody, 02 Pontiac Firehawk Car #33, 02 Pontiac Firehawk Car #155
338 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Alabama! I am also waiting on a 21' Scat WB Shkr. Ordered it 12/10/20 so I am in week 10. Dealer told me it is supposed to be delivered to a nearby holding lot (by train?) on 3/7 then trucked the 1.5 hour to the dealership. Said he should have it at the dealership by mid March. That will be just over 12 weeks from order date. If by the dual carbon stripe you are referring to the "Scat Pack" stripe, you have the performance spoiler which can not be combined with the stripe. That's why I didn't order the spoiler, I wanted the stripe put on by the factory. Guess you can have it added later but haven't looked into it.

Yeah very true! I was actually going to go with destroyer gray but they replaced that with smoke show and I’m just not a fan. It’s a little too light for my liking. My 2015 challenger rt I just sold was the crystal granite gray which I loved but you are right it showed dirt like crazy
Here is my window stickler:

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to the Forum from Alabama! I am also waiting on a 21' Scat WB Shkr. Ordered it 12/10/20 so I am in week 10. Dealer told me it is supposed to be delivered to a nearby holding lot (by train?) on 3/7 then trucked the 1.5 hour to the dealership. Said he should have it at the dealership by mid March. That will be just over 12 weeks from order date. If by the dual carbon stripe you are referring to the "Scat Pack" stripe, you have the performance spoiler which can not be combined with the stripe. That's why I didn't order the spoiler, I wanted the stripe put on by the factory. Guess you can have it added later but haven't looked into it.

Here is my window stickler:
Well hopefully you get it soon!
I was actually referring to the dual racing stripe from the front of the car to the rear. It’s currently only optioned on the challenger charger hellcats but I read somewhere that option would be available for the widebody scat pack but that’s not looking to be the case. I’ll just get it done after market and save some $$$.

This is the “end goal” with the dual racing stripes

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker Widebody, 02 Pontiac Firehawk Car #33, 02 Pontiac Firehawk Car #155
338 Posts
Oh you mean the bumblebee stripe.
I like your order. It's one I considered to a T.
Indigo is gorgeous. I'm just too lazy for darker colors. 😆
Yes, it is also called the bumble bee stripe. TorRed is an awesome color. Will look great with the red interior and red calipers. The carbon black wheels will contrast nicely too. Might pick up a set of Red Scat Pack Valve Stem Caps to really set it off. That's going to be an bitchin' bad ass looking car! Here's the link:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, it is also called the bumble bee stripe. TorRed is an awesome color. Will look great with the red interior and red calipers. The carbon black wheels will contrast nicely too. Might pick up a set of Red Scat Pack Valve Stem Caps to really set it off. That's going to be an bitchin' bad ass looking car! Here's the link:
Oh I had no idea that’s what it was also called. I just assumed the bumble bee stripe was just the stripe on far backside of the car and on top of the trunk.

I appreciate it man! Yeah I am beyond stoked. I’ll check out the valve stems as well! I just ordered some rockgaurds among other small things like a new “powered by srt” badge for the steering wheel. I think it’s lame all we get is “dodge” from the factory you know? Like at least give us “scat pack” or something.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
22,580 Posts
Oh I had no idea that’s what it was also called. I just assumed the bumble bee stripe was just the stripe on far backside of the car and on top of the trunk.
You are correct, the trunk stripe is the Bumblebee stripe

A Guy

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Registered
338 Posts

I appreciate it man! Yeah I am beyond stoked. I’ll check out the valve stems as well! I just ordered some rockgaurds among other small things like a new “powered by srt” badge for the steering wheel. I think it’s lame all we get is “dodge” from the factory you know? Like at least give us “scat pack” or something.
Yeah, it confused me at first because the dealer called it the "Scat Pack Stripe" while elsewhere it was called "Bumble Bee Stripe". As you can see from my window sticker, they use both names so I guess it's interchangeable. I have rock guards ready to go on mine as well, as well as full Ceramic and PPF on the fender well extensions. Do you have a link to the steering wheel badge? Would like to grab one of those too. (y)

·
Registered
468 Posts
I would buy extras. Kids will be drawn to those and might like them for their bicycles. 😁

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, it confused me at first because the dealer called it the "Scat Pack Stripe" while elsewhere it was called "Bumble Bee Stripe". As you can see from my window sticker, they use both names so I guess it's interchangeable. I have rock guards ready to go on mine as well, as well as full Ceramic and PPF on the fender well extensions. Do you have a link to the steering wheel badge? Would like to grab one of those too. (y)
Here’s what it will look like when I put it on. I think it looks way cleaner than just “dodge”. Here is the link if your interested. Awesome seller and he ships fast!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts