Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into a Scat Pack wide body .I really Like the Go Mango color but was just wondering if anyone knows when Dodge will announce the colors for 2021 . I am a big fan of the Stinger - Detonator Yellow and that would be my preferred option.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,221 Posts
My dealer told me they won't be releasing anymore 2020 that aren't already assembled.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,221 Posts
What if i ordered mine a month ago but don't have a VIN yet (so it's not assembled)? Does it mean i will get a 2021?
From my understanding, yes you'll get a 2021.

·
Premium Member
3,242 Posts
I expect since this year was such a short run that they'll simply carry over the same colors to 2021. I think every business will be trying to get revenue going again and not be concerned with wasting time and money changing anything they don't have to or wasn't already in the works.

·
Registered
14,490 Posts
Hang on a second!

2020 is alive and well and production will continue into late October. So any car being built or ordered will be built and it will be a 2020 model.

2021 order banks open Oct 6 and production begins Nov 9.

Probably won't get official color and new model info until September, maybe somebody will leak it sooner who knows. Now on the 2021 Charger Redeye release it did list colors and they were the same as 2020 so it could be the colors carry over but I doubt it.

A car ordered a month ago should certainly have a VIN by now so need to follow up with your dealer asap.

So that's about it, Dodge seems to have handled the restart pretty well after the shutdown and are pretty much back to normal, the shipping side with trucks and trains might be another matter.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,732 Posts
Yellow isn't a big seller in these models.

If the 2020 Gold Rush color carries over, that's probably going to be the only color in that family that would be around.

my prediction is that F8 Green probably doesn't have much time left as far as the heritage colors go

Pretty low production run since that color has been around for three model years ('18 / '19 / '20) and you hardly see much of any given the 300 / Charger / Challenger all have it available.

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,525 Posts
I too think Detonator Yellow is a great color. I remember it being available around the 2010 window. I‘m not sure why but it didn’t sell well. I recall many cars on lots for a long time...

·
Premium Member
3,242 Posts
I too think Detonator Yellow is a great color. I remember it being available around the 2010 window. I‘m not sure why but it didn’t sell well. I recall many cars on lots for a long time...
That was the best Yellow. When I bought my 2010 R/T I almost got the DY but Hemi Orange won the day.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
429 Posts
If you order a car can you order like a B5 even if it isn't a 2020 color option? I'm guessing no but it is a custom order.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
327 Posts
If you order a car can you order like a B5 even if it isn't a 2020 color option? I'm guessing no but it is a custom order.
Id say no even it is custom but i could be wrong.

when You build one at dodge’s website , b5 isnt there.

For this year for example.

·
Registered
14,490 Posts
Correct, no B5 available unless they bring it back for 2021. Frostbite as close as you can get right now.

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
380 Posts
I expect since this year was such a short run ...
Huh?? Factory closed for two months, and re-opened May 19th. Running two shifts, as before. Line is rumored to be running at 80% normal speed to allow for the installation & removal of protective shields. Demand is high enough that they canceled the normal summer two-week shut down.

Having just gone through this... Place an order. A "Vehicle Order Number" (aka VON) is created. The order goes through the first few steps in a week or so before landing on D1 'Gateline scheduled'. At that point I had received a VIN. As with all VINs, the model year is encoded in the number. Even if it takes them two months to build & deliver the vehicle, the VIN is not going to magically change to the next model year.

Place an order today. You are getting a 2020. Plenty of time left in this production run.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Cars with build dates between 3/31 and 7/31/2020 are Covid specials. I wouldn’t buy one. Workplace disruptions will affect build quality. Sanitizer, masks, screens and on and on. VINS should start with a C.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
327 Posts
Cars with build dates between 3/31 and 7/31/2020 are Covid specials. I wouldn’t buy one. Workplace disruptions will affect build quality. Sanitizer, masks, screens and on and on. VINS should start with a C.
I understand everything you said , but i cant tell if you are serious or not.

they really put a C on the vin to make you know it is a “covid special”

that’s just hilarious. But sad at the same time lol

·
Registered
14,490 Posts
The C part is a joke.

But I get it, just don't think it's gonna be an issue.

My car's MDH was 10 pm on a Saturday night and I did think twice when I saw that, but it's still perfect after 4 years.

So no need to worry, they know what they're doing.

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
327 Posts
The C part is a joke.

But I get it, just don't think it's gonna be an issue.

My car's MDH was 10 pm on a Saturday night and I did think twice when I saw that, but it's still perfect after 4 years.

So no need to worry, they know what they're doing.

had to google what mdh is , didnt find anything tell i added “challenger” to the search.

took me a minute to re read what you wrote and then another minute to get the joke.

but im lmao right now seriously :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
380 Posts
Meh, I don't buy it. This is not a 'disruption'. This is just the 'new way of building cars'.

Workplace disruptions are things like fire alarms. The disruptions that always take me off task have long legs and big....err.....nevermind. ;)

They restarted in late May. My car was built on or around the 4th of July. I am confident the production line adapted to the new procedures by then. There are new procedures and changes to the production line on an annual basis when new models are released. No concerns about a 'Covid special'. I think making such a statement is just feeding the hysteria.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts