Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the dealer just called and said the car is getting close to arriving, im not planning on having the dealer do anything but PDI and pull off the chin guard.

From there ill trailer it to the ppf guy and have the ppf installed and windows tinted. im planning to take a long roadtrip in june so ill only have time for a few mods before i leave.. this is what i currently have planned.

1) swaim rock guards
2) zl1 side skirts
3) catch can
4) hellcat cai mod
5) locking lug nuts 2 per wheel
6) ceramic coating on front rims to help brake dust removal
7) shaker riser mod.

planning on putting 5-700 miles on it prior to leaving and changing the oil and filter so it should be good for the whole trip

thinking of ordering up a spare tire just in case as i plan on driving around 5k over 2-3 weeks seeing the country from Minnesota to California and back, i understand with the side splitters the spare tire kit jack will not work so anyone have a small jack idea that works on the pads or just carry a small hydraulic?

so any other must have mods for the 2020 cars ,not looking to void my warranty though.

the car is a go mango shaker 392 scat pack widebody automatic and im thinking it is going to be tons of road trip fun.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger SXT, Octane Red Metallic, Ruby Red/Black Int.
294 Posts
So the dealer just called and said the car is getting close to arriving, im not planning on having the dealer do anything but PDI and pull off the chin guard.

From there ill trailer it to the ppf guy and have the ppf installed and windows tinted. im planning to take a long roadtrip in june so ill only have time for a few mods before i leave.. this is what i currently have planned.

1) swaim rock guards
2) zl1 side skirts
3) catch can
4) hellcat cai mod
5) locking lug nuts 2 per wheel
6) ceramic coating on front rims to help brake dust removal
7) shaker riser mod.

planning on putting 5-700 miles on it prior to leaving and changing the oil and filter so it should be good for the whole trip

thinking of ordering up a spare tire just in case as i plan on driving around 5k over 2-3 weeks seeing the country from Minnesota to California and back, i understand with the side splitters the spare tire kit jack will not work so anyone have a small jack idea that works on the pads or just carry a small hydraulic?

so any other must have mods for the 2020 cars ,not looking to void my warranty though.

the car is a go mango shaker 392 scat pack widebody automatic and im thinking it is going to be tons of road trip fun.
I have no suggestions but it sounds like a great tour. Have fun.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just ordered a similar car but not with the shaker option. I plan on adding Downforce Solutions front splitter, wickerbill spoiler and rear diffuser, the Hellcat CAI, AWE Touring non-resonated cat back system, KW V1 adjustable coilovers, Dodge front and rear strut tower braces, and ZL1 skirts

Bill D

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,035 Posts
PPF is your best friend for a car you want to take long trips in!!! That stuff will save your paint! I put it on my cars and I have more smiles per miles, knowing that I am not damaging the front end from flying debris! I think your mod list is great!

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
for making the headlight duct functional - you can get the CAI duct #77072385 - it will mount to the OEM Mopar CAI box as its designed for that - you'll just have to trim the headlight end as the '19+ lighted tubes are deeper than the the earlier style.

for the lug nuts - ditch all the stock ones and get solid lug nuts. The OEM units have a s/s cap sleeve that will get distorted and you'll have the unpleasant surprise than a socket won't fit over the cap...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the reply hal, i see speedlogix has black stainless gorilla nuts in 2 depths, since i dont have the car yet any thoughts on these?

for locks im going with the advanced kone style wheel locks
Wheel Lock Set M14x1.5, 39.5mm Tall, Cone Seat – Advanced Wheel Locks

they also said they had a couple depths and diameters so im waiting on the car to order. dont want a bunch of stuff that needs to go back just because i jumped the gun.

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
2,093 Posts
I just installed some of those 2” Gorilla Lugs on my wife’s Charger Scat Pack. I wasn’t paying real close attention when ordering as far as the length of the nuts was concerned. Two inches is a lot longer than the stock lug nuts. At first, I wasn’t a fan but they are growing on me a bit. And all the lugs are anti-theft lugs. They come with a custom socket to remove and replace them.

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
"ppf installed": I highly suggest you do this to the front of all 4 fender flares. Why the front ones too? It's the widest point of the car up front.

Hellcat airbox and tube: The hard part is removing the caps from the back of the lighted intake tube. #7 torx bit helps out.

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,183 Posts
@fyrdude
Are those just a generic spline drive style lug nut, or are they keyed to a specific, unique socket tool?

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
2,093 Posts
They are keyed to a socket/adapter that comes with the set. They are all locking lug nuts.

·
Registered
287 Posts
where can i find a Shaker riser mod?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just a fyi on the kit, the only way i could avoid the rubbing was to use regular nuts on the corners and remove the tall factory shaker nuts..i still think it is worth it , but there is a learning curve to the riser install you must be willing to experiment some.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts