Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger Scat PackK
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard rumors that the 2022 Hellcat Challenger may come with an AWD version? I've even seen a dam YouTube video talking about it.

Is this true? Anyone else hear this? When does dodge usually post the new build and price for the upcoming year? Hopefully it's soon!!

·
Registered
2009 B5 SRT8 M6
238 Posts
Nope, just stupid rumors.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The lack of an AWD is what made my decision to not buy a hellcat widebody easier. For my driving habits there was just to much unusable power without AWD. If they ever decided to make one I would buy it in a minute

Reactions: TheZman

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The lack of an AWD is what made my decision to not buy a hellcat widebody easier. For my driving habits there was just to much unusable power without AWD. If they ever decided to make one I would buy it in a minute
As would I. Living up north makes it hard to own an RWD car as well. I wish they would offer it in AWD!! Probably just a stupid rumor as mentioned above.

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
Yes, and it's an EV. :rolleyes:
Yeah, right.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
more made up internet crap. The Challenger is unchanged for 2022.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
more made up internet crap. The Challenger is unchanged for 2022.
Yep. I can’t imagine Dodge putting that much engineering/money into a car that will only sell to a few people ($100k+) and will only be available for a short period of time.

·
Registered
91 Posts
"The car that we think would be a good ‘challenger’... see what we did there ha-ha – The car that we think would be a good challenger for the 2022 Dodge Charger Hellcat would have to be the 2021 Chrysler 300.

Sporting similar specs, the same 3.8l V6 engine, and the same price, this car seems to be an animal for track racing, but for drag strip and rolling launches, the car for the job is, of course, the 2022 Dodge Charger Hellcat!"

Am I illiterate or did they just say the V6 Charger/Chrysler 300 is an animal for track racing?

Wtf are they smoking?

Yeah, follow the hyperlink they use for the 2022 challenger. It literally goes to chargerforumz post about the 5.7l AWD R/T having switchable AWD. Whoever wrote this article is sniffing glue.

·
Super Moderator
17,321 Posts
file this one along with that hideous orange "Barracuda" rending from 2010 that turns up now and again

there hasn't been an AWD 5.7 Charger in years 2014 was the final year (and that used the A5 trans)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah who knows how legit this is. I just saw this article and a youtube video and was curious. I mean it could happen if Dodge wants it too.. They have the trackhawk which this could be similar with just the Challenger body. Should be interesting. When the hell are they going to release the 2022 build and price?

·
Registered
2009 B5 SRT8 M6
238 Posts
Yeah who knows how legit this is. I just saw this article and a youtube video and was curious. I mean it could happen if Dodge wants it too.. They have the trackhawk which this could be similar with just the Challenger body. Should be interesting. When the hell are they going to release the 2022 build and price?
Trackhawk drivetrain does not fit the LX body.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Trackhawk drivetrain does not fit the LX body.
I know. I just ment they can design a system that would if they wanted too. They definitely have the technology and the engineers.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That would increase the weight besides there already are jeep and durango HC versions.
Oh it definitely would. But you would get alot more grip and acceleration. I'd take it.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
It would be cool if they found a way to drop some weight somewhere else. Otherwise a 5000lb Challenger would be a bummer especially if you couldn’t turn the AWD completely of with a single button push.

It would be better at one thing and that would be street racing starting from a dig which is almost nonexistent these days. Everyone wants to go from a roll.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
10,199 Posts
This reminds me of the SRT8 charger and SRT8 GC. The SRT8 GC was quicker than the charger because it had AWD, then when the charger came with AWD it was faster than the GC. I remember test driving the SRT8 GC years ago and back then I was impressed with the getup and go...can only imagine how much of a beast a trailhawk is on the road.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts