Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Who will win June's Challenger of the Month contest?

• Chally4

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • PaBob

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • vichris

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • movnviol

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • DirectConnection

Votes: 3 16.7%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS MONTH'S THEME: Dyno
Lets see your car on the rollers!

Rules for 2022
  1. Members participating MUST HAVE at least 20 posts.
  2. Unless otherwise specified for the month, you can submit up to 5 pics.
  3. Keep the banter to a minimum. The thread should remain on topic for my sanity.
Voting will take place the last week of the month. Ideas for future themes should be sent to me via PM. Winners will receive a free year of premium membership, an album in the Challenger of the Month gallery and featured on the homepage until a new contest starts.

Congrats to May's Challenger of the month, @moparmike610!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Mr. Secretary, New York abstains, courteously.
- Lewis Morris

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,554 Posts
I am not going to put my ride on a dyno to get information I already have just to enter this. Dyno time is not cheap. I will say that I do have the dyno sheet from my last tune which I would post here if it would make my ride eligible for entry...

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Administrator
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Need to clarify. Your entry should be a pic of your car ON or at the dyno.

You dont need to go out and do a new pull, that would be ridiculous to ask. But if you've been to the dyno, chances are you have a pic.

-Mike

·
Registered
1971 Challenger R/T 383 Green Go & 2021 Frostbite Scat Pack
30 Posts

You dont need to go out and do a new pull, that would be ridiculous to ask. But if you've been to the dyno, chances are you have a pic.

-Mike
Sorry I thought I’d have a little fun.

·
Banned
447 Posts
I am curious at the judging criteria. I prefer gritty environments where men do men things.

Much of my favorite photographic art is in black-and-white. Pumping Iron, the book, was in black and white, and did not lose anything from it.

The male space is largely expressible using the medium of black and white photography. Structure, work, engineering, and such has a certain feel about it that black and white photos bring out so well.

One example of this is the brutalism architecture O so popular during the 1960's and 1970's. I don't really like dehumanizing Judge Dredd-style architecture, but black and white photos expressed it so well.

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Photograph

Rectangle Slope Plot Line Font

So ephemeral are some scenes that it does us well to remember them, and savor the experience via photos and videos later, as it reawakens some of the joys and frustrations of the thing in which we were privileged to be.

I just like dirty, gritty man spaces. Old-school gyms with 8' blinkmaster 6000 fluorescent lights, dark alleys in 3rd world countries, mechanics' garages, places that are dark and potentially dangerous, especially for the uninitiated. I walk through neighborhoods in the night that local people would not drive through during the day.

Some places, some people just do not belong, and there is a certain solitary beauty about them. The places. Not the people so described.

Often, places where things are actually being accomplished are not neat, tidy, spaces, to the unfamiliar eye. Therein lies the beauty of said spaces and scenes, not in the lasting image or video, but in what we felt to actually BE there in the first place.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,554 Posts

-Mike
Mine has been on the dyno more than once, and taking photos of it is not the reason it was on the dyno. I take it you're not a car guy...

(Just My Little Meaningless Vote) THIS ONE WINS!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!
Thanks; much appreciated!!!

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Here's my 09 SRT8 in April this year with a new forged block, ported heads, Long tubes, cam, and lots of other new parts making 671 RWHP at 545 Lb/Ft
Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Here's my 09 SRT8 in April this year with a new forged block, ported heads, Long tubes, cam, and lots of other new parts making 671 RWHP at 545 Lb/Ft
View attachment 1053231
Pretty sweet, wish I would spend coin that direction problem is I'd break stuff then have to repair, I really do not like repairs LOL that's why I never owned a 4x4 truck to play in the mud.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,055 Posts
The Mean Green Machine. 2011 Green With Envy SRT. Check my signature for the details.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Hood Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I'll throw my 2014 RT Plus into the ring this month. I call it my "CHALLACUDA". 8 years old now with 35,000 miles on it. Over the years, I did cosmetic only modifications to make it look more like a modern 71 ' Cuda, which I always loved since I was a kid. The RT will now become my "daily driver" because I just added a new ride into the stable.....2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing !!
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car
Automotive tire Textile Grey Mesh Font
Tire Car Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle

1 - 20 of 37 Posts