Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Cast Your Vote for September's Challenger of the Month!

• PaVaSteeler - #2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RWL11 - #3

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • JasonT/A_345 - #4

• Camberman - #6

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Stratrocs - #7

• Nightwing - #8

• 2022ChallengerR/T - #9

• swiftjr - #10

• Slowpoke392 - #11

• Willpower717 - #12

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Smokeshowchallenger - #13

• MRT0 - #14

• HughJass - #15

• marpow - #16

• StepheK - #17

• dodgeboy68 - #19

• Snow-orange - #23

• TXRT - #24

• MischiefAtLarge - #25

• Bill Dobbins - #29

• TravisPNW - #30

• SFCR - #36

• PaBob - #38

• MajKong - #39

• MuscleCarProf - #46

2022 - September Challenger of the Month

11K views 61 replies 34 participants last post by  Willpower717 
#1 ·
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Congrats to @Sean Em, August's winner!​

Summer has almost ended, and school is officially back in session! You know what that means? It means First Day pics are our theme!

Share your photo of (or one that represents) your first day with your Challenger!

We do have some basic rules:
  1. Members MUST have at least 20 posts
  2. Unless otherwise stated you may submit up to 5 photos
  3. Voting will take place the last week of the month
  4. Feel free to PM me with ideas for future themes
Winners will receive:
  1. One year of premium membership (no ads, focused browsing mode, and more)
  2. A profile badge to show off your winner status
  3. A place in the ChallengerTalk.com winner's gallery
  4. Their winning photo featured on the homepage until the next contest starts
Good luck to all who enter. 🥳

~MR

P.S. Sorry for the delay in getting this posted; it took me a bit longer than expected to drag Mike off the throne.

See less See more
#2 ·
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

#3 ·
9/11/2019, sitting pretty, on the lot! Bought her site unseen. Check the second photo, no one's getting deals like that anymore. It was so good I couldn't say no.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Photograph

A few months later I ran into the owner of my previous car, a 16 Scat Pack in B5 Blue. The color is the only thing I miss. It's brilliant on even a cloudy day!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Here's how she looks today, after I put my own touches on her. Mods are in my signature.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

#22 · (Edited)
Here's my 2021 Dodge Challenger R/T the day I picked her up from the dealership. I actually found her on my birthday June 19, 2022. I changed out the front grill inserts to black. Then you see the plate frames I added a little somethin' somethin' to. Yes, those are avocados on the license plate frame LOL. And see how the leather seats sort of play on the color of the pit inside an avocado. She's not one of the high-end Challengers that I wish I could afford but I love her just the same.
Favorite dip: Guacamole
Favorite color: Guacamole
Favorite saying: Holy S#*t (for the sake of plate approval - Holy GWKMOLY... LOL)
Favorite concept car: Dodge Challenger Holy Guacamole
Life is short, have fun with your car(s) cuz humans be trippin!!!
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Vehicle Sky Car Cloud Vehicle registration plate
Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive parking light Vehicle Wheel
Plant Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window

Sweet. The color tho!!!! Love!

Took this shot on the way home from the dealer, fresh off the showroom floor.

View attachment 1062005

Here is the "At the dealership" shot :)

View attachment 1062006
You go girl. Rock it!!!!

Thank you! And F8 is a killer color that was on my short list. R/Ts are awesome cars! Let’s see that beast and welcome to the forum.
Thank you!!!:)

Thank you!!!:)
And I did post pics :p

#10 ·
May 11th, 2012. Two things to notice, the engine bay and the fact that I was already giving test drives!

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light Grille

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Smile

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Grille

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

#11 ·
First day at the dealer and then at home…
Car Vehicle Tire Automotive parking light Grille
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

#12 · (Edited)
Finally arrived at the dealer after ordering.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille

But then from the dealer straight to the PPF and ceramic guy they recommended, who did a great job for a fair price. Pretty buff after some time with those guys, but man it was tough after waiting on the order to wait another week and change to actually finally get to pick the car up and enjoy it! I wanted protection for the finish out of the box though. This is a keeper, my aspirational muscle car, and will be an heirloom to my kid. Here are a few pics after all the finish work and before driving her home.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

So glad I ordered when I did, before they announced the end of the line.

#20 ·
Finally arrived at the dealer after ordering.
View attachment 1061454
But then from the dealer straight to the PPF and ceramic guy they recommended, who did a great job for a fair price. Pretty buff after some time with those guys, but man it was tough after waiting on the order to wait another week and change to actually finally get to pick the car up and enjoy it! I wanted protection for the finish out of the box though. This is a keeper, my aspirational muscle car, and will be an heirloom to my kid. Here are a few pics after all the finish work and before driving her home.
View attachment 1061456
View attachment 1061457
View attachment 1061455
View attachment 1061462
So glad I ordered when I did, before they announced the end of the line.
OMG...I love your car. What I wouldn't do to get my hands on one of the last editions, but you know that's all locked up. I have a 2021 F8 Green Hemi R/T. Not a Hellcat, Scat Pack, Demon or Jailbreak but I love her just the same. Will post pics after I clean her up:)

#19 ·
I ordered my 2015 B5 Blue Pearl Coat Shaker Scat Pack on March 10, 2015 which was the first day pre-ordering opened for the new scat pack models and the only way to get one as they did not let dealers order them at that time, it had to be a person. Like others at the time, I ordered sight unseen knowing that I was going to love it.

After many trials and tribulations documented here in other forums, and checking with SRT on build status on a daily basis, I finally got the call from the dealer as it was being pulled off the truck and got to go down and look at it. those are the first pictures and then a few days later when the prep work was done, a picture of it in a parking lot next door to the dealer and finally in my driveway.

Seven years later, I still love this car. Sad to see that this year will be the last of her kind. :(

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Window
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

#23 ·
I see you, but can't have you! Miss Dinah's arrival to the U.S.! Welcome my dear! I placed the order on 12/19/2020 and took ownership on 2/25/2022. 1st photo is Miss Dinah arriving to the U.S. on 2/21/2022, notice the weather...I was ready to go get her this day but that didn't happen due to the logistics involved and a snow storm came in that night and dumped 2 plus feet of snow on us and delayed my taking ownership of her till the 25th! I tried to get assembly line pics of her birth, but that never came to fruition!
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Vehicle

#24 · (Edited)
I bought it lightly used (8,800 miles) in February of '18, sight unseen in Augusta, GA, and flew out from DFW to bring her home. Here's the first photo I ever took at the dealership. Hated that it was raining:
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Somewhere on I-20 in Alabama, bringing her back home to Texas:
Car Vehicle Plant Sky Motor vehicle

Vicksburg, Mississippi for a fuel and relief break:
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Back home in Texas the day after the road trip; all cleaned up:
Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Loved the road trip, and the car was everything they said, due to my working with them, asking tons of questions, and getting numerous detailed photographs. My only negative was that I had ran a full marathon the day before flying out, so I was a bit stiff for the drive home. It's the only time I've ever questioned the logic of the manual transmission! 🤣🤣🤣

Cheers!

JD

#25 ·
Nice!!!! I so get it about manual transmission. Live in the DC/Northern VA area. Drove a manual for 10+ years. I was so happy when it conked out. I did debate about getting it in my Challenger just because it's so much fun. But still live with the I95 crazy traffic and opted not to. Best decision. My damn clutch would have already screamed "murderer" and I'm only 3 months in my Challenger...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

#31 ·
Throwing my 2014 Challacuda RT Plus into the mix for September. Grew up loving the 1971 Barracuda and got sick and tired of hearing that a Barracuda was coming........waiting since 2006. Bought new in 2014 and started creating my own 1971 with modern tech. This is my daily driver with 36,000 miles on her. 1971 mods are HEMI billboards, rear window louvers, trunk spoiler wing, front grill, fender gills, PIAA driving lights and changed to a T/A hood. 18" Shelby Cobra wheels with knock-offs. Nitto tires.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant
Tire Car Sky Vehicle Wheel
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Speedometer Steering wheel
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive air manifold Automotive exterior

#32 ·
Throwing my 2014 Challacuda RT Plus into the mix for September. Grew up loving the 1971 Barracuda and got sick and tired of hearing that a Barracuda was coming........waiting since 2006. Bought new in 2014 and started creating my own 1971 with modern tech. This is my daily driver with 36,000 miles on her. 1971 mods are HEMI billboards, rear window louvers, trunk spoiler wing, front grill, fender gills, PIAA driving lights and changed to a T/A hood. 18" Shelby Cobra wheels with knock-offs. Nitto tires.
Nicely done. ‘71 Barracuda is my all-time favorite e-body grill. Always wanted one myself but never had the opportunity. Out of reach now.

Reactions: marpow
#34 ·
Ooops....didn't see that theme. I'm out. Maybe next month. Good luck to the players !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.