Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
544 Posts
My favorite Challenger color is Yellow Jacket, shame that one didn’t come back, but if Stinger Yellow looks closely to it, I may have to trade up.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
2,114 Posts
I never thought I’d like a yellow car. Then I saw Detonator Yellow on some 2010 Challengers and thought that’s a yellow car I could own. I had a Hemi Orange RT then so the best I could do was really like DY from afar… Hardly ever see any now.

·
Registered
307 Posts
There is no wondering where this car is that's for sure. But the little bugs, bee's etc. really do hangout

·
Registered
80 Posts
I owned one yellow car, a Honda S2000, and will never own another one - ever.
I was pulled over more times in that car than all my other cars combined. I sold it after 11 months and getting pulled over 8 times. 3 of which I was going the speed limit actually.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ha! My wife had a '67 Dart in high school. Not sure what type of yellow it was, but it was always attracting bees, which she is allergic to.

The other day I saw a newer Challenger (wasn't close enough to gauge the model) painted in what seemed to be a dark, metallic OD green. I figured it was a custom job, since I'm not familiar with color. Looked pretty cool, though.

·
Registered
80 Posts
When people asked me what color my S2000 was, I would reply "Pull me over yellow".
I have a silver Boxster S now and the cops don't seem to even notice it
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Sky Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
2019 RT Scat Pack 6MT Sublime Green
170 Posts
Now if they ever brought back Panther Pink (not Furious Fuschia) then I would be 1st in line.
Now, I do not think I will be able to shell out to buy a Panther Pink, but it would be so awesome if Dodge brought back the color. Dodge mysteriously has held back the yellow colors from the 10 original HIP colors. Not sure if they ever used the name Top Banana for the current iteration (Yellow Jacket or Yellow Stinger is a great color nonetheless) and they should definitely bring back two other yellows, Butterscotch and Citron Yella.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
That Jasper Blue looks an awful lot like something that would have come from a blue oval product. I'd have to see the colors in person though before passing judgement, not what I was expecting them to come out with for sure.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,515 Posts
That Jasper Blue looks an awful lot like something that would have come from a blue oval product. I'd have to see the colors in person though before passing judgement, not what I was expecting them to come out with for sure.
I suspect that is B5, their names are off on a lot of the colors

·
Registered
102 Posts
I suspect that is B5, their names are off on a lot of the colors
It probably is. It's hard to really assess a color from a tiny color swatch, especially from a computer monitor. I thought I would love a couple of the current colors from images online, but then I changed my opinion after seeing them in person.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am also a sucker for the old school high impact colors. Reminds me of going to car shows in the 80s and 90s seeing the early 70s Mopars. My first Challenger was Header Orange. Current one is Sublime. If I'd buy another it would be 2011 Green With Envy or 2010 Furious Fuchsia.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
It appears the colors on cars.com line up with the current Challenger paint codes, it's just the names used for those colors on other Chryslers. For example Jasper Blue (PBM) is Indigo Blue (PBM), Amethyst on a 300 (PCD) is Hellraisin (PCD) on a Challenger, etc. And if that's the case across the board, then cars.com looks to be confirming Stinger Yellow, too. Yay.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts