Dodge Challenger Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

Banned
2017 TA Green Go.
I will never give up my GG. I would however sell alot of stuff if panther pink makes an appearance.

Premium Member
Very unique and cool.
At least to my eye.

Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
The Gold Rush finish looks incredible, especially under the sun and night lighting. My favorite HIC, for sure. I love the discontinued B5 Blue as well.

Call me crazy... but, I'm not a fan of the Yellow Jacket finish. Had they used the 1968 Sunfire Yellow or 1970 FY1 Top Banana shades, I'd be all over it! Yellow Jacket looks cargo yellow to me. Reminds me of a taxi cab. Sunfire Yellow is my favorite B(ee) body color.

1970 FY1 Top Banana
View attachment 1028905
1968 Sunfire Yellow
View attachment 1028906
Yellow jacket...
View attachment 1028907
Great color,....if its closer to pic #1 and not pic #2. pic 2 is duller but love pic 1. I like yellow myself but dont think i could pull the trigger on Yellow Jacket. IDK, maybe.

Reactions: Yonko

Registered
Great color,....if its closer to pic #1 and not pic #2. pic 2 is duller but love pic 1. I like yellow myself but dont think i could pull the trigger on Yellow Jacket. IDK, maybe.
When I heard that Dodge was reintroducing the Challenger, I thought for sure that FY1 would be a featured color... Didn't happen.

Registered
I thought you guys were kidding about bugs and a yellow finish. Interesting...

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
Reactions: 19johned53

Premium Member
No bug problem with my current B5.

That said, I've had more birds fly "head on" into this car, than decades worth of driving others.

My first 300 mile trip out of town, I had a hat trick. What?

The ride home was more civil. Only one.

No B5 bug problem, just B5 bird problem. 馃槅
Same problem with my Indigo except the birds like to c**p on it. Twice I have had them "bomb" it before I was even done washing it from the last one!

• Wow
Reactions: GreenGo2017

Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
Insects see in the infrared. Look for images of flowers in visible light vs infrared. That鈥檚 why they are attracted. Some times of the year my Sublime attracts lots of visitors. I鈥檓 sure if you saw infrared pictures of the high impact colors it would explain the attraction.

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Flower Plant White Petal Leaf

Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
Insects see in the infrared. Look for images of flowers in visible light vs infrared. That鈥檚 why they are attracted. Some times of the year my Sublime attracts lots of visitors. I鈥檓 sure if you saw infrared pictures of the high impact colors it would explain the attraction.

View attachment 1030859

View attachment 1030860
Ultraviolet, not Infrared.

Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
You know what, you are absolutely correct. I had the electromagnetic spectrum mixed up. Thanks for correcting the error!

Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
Ultraviolet, not Infrared.
I was just thinking the same thing. Ultraviolet is what the bug zappers use to attract insects. Fluorescent colors are highly UV active so they have to be extra protected from it, otherwise they'll quickly fade and degrade.

Premium Member
Hi am new here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First, welcome from Alabama!
Man, more info than that. Don't keep us hangin'! LOL. ;)
Car? Any info you are looking for?
So much information here that helped me when I joined the Mopar family!

View attachment 1030859

View attachment 1030860
That's what I was trying to say before! But high contrast colors translate differently to their eyes

41 - 60 of 61 Posts