Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently have these wheels on the back https://www.fitmentinc.com/buy-wheel-offset/M129200590+20/niche-targa-20x105-20-custom-wheels

and 20x8.5's on the front. I'd like to be able to run 1.5's all around and the same size tire all around so I can rotate them. The car is lowered with Eibach springs.

Any ideas if this will work/clear? I was going to try just swapping one side in the driveway to test fit, but I'm concerned about driving it that way and I think that's the only way I'd really know if it will clear.

Oh, and I'm thinking 305/30ZR20's all around - NT-05's. 27.24 tall and ok on a 10.5" wheel. If they're too big I could do the new NT 555 G2's in 295:

295/35ZR20 105W XL 28.11"

295/40ZR20 110W XL 29.29"

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
1. If you do not have a Brembo car, it won't work. The 5.7-V6 front geometry doesn't have enough room in the fronts like the SRTs and Scats
2. Those 10.5" rears have a +20 offset so you are going to be tight. 305 will be too big. You can get away with 295's if they run small (Nittos, Vred, etc.). Also you would have to do a 295/35 because you are dropped.
This will be a try and see situation because you will be so close. Don't be fooled that all tires with same specs are the same...they use the "sizes" as a guide line. A listed 295mm wide tire may actually run 285 to 305 wide depending what model/manufacturer you get.

Also, if you have Brembos..first check to see if those spokes will clear your front calipers. Pull your rear off and try in the front. It will give you a good idea.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I've got those same wheels in 19x10 with 285 Bridgestones on my Scat for autocross. Mine are a +25 offset and with 285 I needed a 5mm spacer. With 275 it was good. Not quite the same as what your looking at but just a reference point for you and to let you know they clear the Brembos if you have them. I would put a rear on the front and see how it fits. No need to drive it just lowered it down and turn the wheels to make sure it clears first the go from there.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys! I sold tires for several years so I'm very familiar with the size differences! No Brembo's but I do want to do the later 14.5" HD brakes. I'll try these this weekend and see what happens. Maybe a 5mm spacer is all I'd need, if not I may not mess with it - but then again, it's ME! :p

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried this today at the tire shop. The 275's touch the shock when jacked up. If it had a spacer it "might" be OK, but then I think the outside edge of the tire might be outside the fender line. I think I'll just leave these wheels as-is and do good tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts