Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody explain how this is gonna work. Does this exhaust have anything like the deep growl and rumble of, say, a Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back? Also, can this system be disabled easily so an aftermarket system is still a bolt-on installation? Thanks.............the Mailman

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
808 Posts
Same as it works in 2017 on up. Has a nice rumble but depends on how loud you want it to be. Its loud enough for me. If you put on another exhaust system, the active exhaust will be removed when you put on the Flowmasters. Its in the Exhaust Pipes and has valves in it for the short explanation.

You can Google how it works.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked a couple sites. I wish there were a couple of good sound clips to hear. Now, l'm hoping I don't have to drop $1000 at Flowmaster to get the sound I want!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I checked a couple sites. I wish there were a couple of good sound clips to hear. Now, l'm hoping I don't have to drop $1000 at Flowmaster to get the sound I want!
You can get your mid mufflers swapped out for Flowmasters at any exhaust shop for well under the cost of a whole new system. Or you can delete the mufflers and/or resonators all together. Also there are several Delete kits for the active exhaust that usually run around $150 and are a 30min installation that anyone that can watch a YouTube video can do. Personally I just use sport mode and that keeps them open, I like the option to quiet it down since it's a daily and I don't want to constantly piss off the neighbors. I personally have Flowmaster super 44's in place of my mid mufflers with the stock resonators intact and I love the sound, I can quiet it down to near stock levels by turning off sport mode and letting the valves do their thing if I am so inclined. My setup cost me a grand total of $230 installed.

YouTube has tones of exhaust clips from several configurations. Just search

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,216 Posts
It’s borderline obnoxiously loud in Sport Mode on my lowly 5.7L T/A around 2,000 rpm with a slight load on the engine. I jokingly told my daughter we needed to go to an exhaust shop to attempt to quieten it down; she immediately suggested we remove some of it :LOL:

Reactions: Roukai
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.