Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont have the graph yet to post. Regardless the car put down 400 HP and 410 Tq SAE corrected on a dyno dynamics unit. My car is an auto so I think thats pretty respectable for a base line pull. Let the mods begin. I wish someone would hurry up and release calibration capabilities for this car!!

I didnt bother letting the car cool I just was driving by my friends shop strapped it down made a pull and took it off so the car was at full operating temperature when we mad the pull. I didnt really care to see if I let it cool down if it would show any more power. Kind of pointless it you ask me.

I can tell you this, Chrysler has these cars running very rich almost 11.0 all the way across the board and I can only imagine how little timing they are running. Cant wait to calibrate it!!!!

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Thats about right for a dyno dynamics. They dont show as high a number as the dynojet. 11.0 is right there with the 6.1L's I have seen also. Dodge seems to like it way to rich. 12.5 is where the Hemis really like it N/A. Hell, I was running 11.6 on my Procharged 6.1L with a little over 6 pounds of boost.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats about right for a dyno dynamics. They dont show as high a number as the dynojet. 11.0 is right there with the 6.1L's I have seen also. Dodge seems to like it way to rich. 12.5 is where the Hemis really like it N/A. Hell, I was running 11.6 on my Procharged 6.1L with a little over 6 pounds of boost.
Exactly those are boosted car A/F ratio numbers. Hell you were probably running more timing too!!!

Yeah Im definitely not disappointed with those numbers. And I did a couple of 60 mph roll ons today one with a stock gt500 putting down 430 hp and another camaro heads and cam car putting down 445 and I pulled on both cars the camaro got me once. Having the automatic really pays off on the road the entire torque multiplying factor of an automatic transmission proves effective.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice to know

400 rwhp is fine with me, until i put a turbo or super on..
Any word on oil ? Dealers are telling me 8k ,with their factory semi synthetic....going to put pure synthetic in but when ??? Not 8k

2011 black w/stripes 392 challenger
2009 big dog 117 chopper

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
nice numbers, nice to see other 392 owners getting numbers on these. I am also waiting on tuning so I can install a set of headers and later other go fast items.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
400 rwhp is fine with me, until i put a turbo or super on..
Any word on oil ? Dealers are telling me 8k ,with their factory semi synthetic....going to put pure synthetic in but when ??? Not 8k

2011 black w/stripes 392 challenger
2009 big dog 117 chopper

Factory fill on the 392's is full synthetic and is Pennzoil ULTRA EURO 5W-40 full synthetic. If your dealer told you otherwise, all I can say is TYPICAL!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts