Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was wondering who, if any, are running 245 tires all around?
Got a deal on 2 almost new and was wondering if it's a bad idea. Thanks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hey was wondering who if any are running 245 tires all around
Got a deal on 2 almost new and waa wondering if bad idea thanka
Never mind. Brain fart. Was about to comment, and remembered the offset sizes. Not sure how well 245's would fit on the wider rear wheel. OK, actually googled it, and the difference is neglible.

·
Super Moderator
13,874 Posts
That wasn't helpful at all. Question is simple, is anyone running 245 45 20 tires front and back
The 245/45/20 tire was the standard size on the 2010 SRT. I currently have this size tire on my 2009 SRT with the 9" wide Alcoa forged aluminum (OEM) wheels. If you can get a good deal on some quality 245s, buy them.

I, however, intend to replace the rear of my car with 275/40/20 tires to get that "old school" staggered look and more rear traction. (Note- 275 is the widest width that you can use on a 9" wide wheel in order for the tire to perform and wear properly).

·
Registered
153 Posts
Never mind. Brain fart. Was about to comment, and remembered the offset sizes. Not sure how well 245's would fit on the wider rear wheel. OK, actually googled it, and the difference is neglible.
Are the rear wheels wider? Just going from 245 to 255 i didn't think they made the rim any wider?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,874 Posts
Are the rear wheels wider? Just going from 245 to 255 i didn't think they made the rim any wider?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Both the front and rear wheels on the SRT are 9 inches wide. You can easily install a 255/45/20 tire on them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts