Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys newbie to the whole mopar nation so I have no idea. But my question is will a set of 6 lug GM 24 inch rims fit on a 2012 Dodge Challenger. My girlfriend fell in love with this car and has now fallen in love with a set of 24s I'm just trying to figure out if they will fit before I blow some money

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,611 Posts
6 Lug? Not without some fancy adapter :surprise:

A Guy

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Run like the wind. Not only because the are 24s which you will regret in 2 weeks. but you will need conversion adapters, if they fit at all due to offsets and many other issues.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Why would you ruin a Challenger with 24 inch wheels and it will ride like crap.Hopefully they don't fit!

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,056 Posts
Yeah........

Wait what! I just threw up in my mouth..... No offense but if the girl friend fell in love with them and wants them, whose car is it? Yours or hers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
I just don't get the fascination with large rims these days. I think it looks ridiculous and I don't really like the 20" wheels many cars come with these days as much as smaller wheels (including mine). Maybe I'm just too old fashioned. :dunno:

And the ones that put the rims on that are wider than the tires? Terrible.

But you put on the rims that you like; it is your car.

Reactions: HDCowboy

·
Registered
15,035 Posts
Wonder if you could weld in the flange holes then redrill them for the 6 lugs?

Not my thing either but comes in handy every now and then.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,056 Posts
But that's why I have my truck or did until I sold it before getting stationed in Germany again....

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,718 Posts
I'd get a new girlfriend. :saythat:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,611 Posts
His girlfriend may be worth it ;)

A Guy

Reactions: hemi1031

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,718 Posts
His girlfriend may be worth it ;)

A Guy
If that's true he'll buy another Challenger just for her. Hey, it worked for me. :huh:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Like stated above you will need adapters which are really only recommended for show use ( they won't be held liable for any issues). 24s will fit fine with the right offset and lug pattern. The ride is not terrible but not as smooth as stock. This is my car so I'm speaking from experience unlike most...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,056 Posts
Like stated above you will need adapters which are really only recommended for show use ( they won't be held liable for any issues). 24s will fit fine with the right offset and lug pattern. The ride is not terrible but not as smooth as stock.

"This is my car so I'm speaking from experience unlike most..."

No one has said anything negative about the ride quality. Probably as we can't speak from experience in that regard. We can however speak from experience in terms of our personal opinion of the look/style. Just wanted to clarify since your final statement seemed to be a stab at our rights to comment and share our opinions. If not and I miss read that, then disregard and carry on.

Reactions: jjpogi and J5atl

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
We can all see what they look like and we don't have to own one to comment on how it looks, I don't understand why you (anyone) would do that to your car, it looks awful!
Obviously my opinion and I don't think I am alone on this one. :notallthere:

·
Registered
37 Posts
In response to Fawls and hemi1031
I respect everyone's opinion when it comes to looks and personal style... comments #5 & #6 seem to imply that the ride quality would be regretted and terrible. My comment was referring to that in particular, so no stab at all. While everyone is free to express their opinions OP never asker how they would look, he asked if they would fit.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Why would you ruin a Challenger with 24 inch wheels and it will ride like crap.Hopefully they don't fit!
You know, that's a pretty mean-spirited and all-around crappy thing to say. Not liking big wheels is fine (I'm not a fan, myself), but hoping that the OP can't mod HIS car the way that HE wants to--because YOU don't like that sort of thing? Shame on you.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Dang! Y'all are being mean. So somebody posts that they don't agree. Someone else posts that they don't agree with someone disagreeing. Then someone else posts that they have the right to disagree with agreeing with your right to agree with my disagreeing to agree. :stickpoke:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts