Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a COMPLETLY stock 2011 SRT and wanted to pass on some tire info. I have used this site to help me decide on tire sizes and I wanted to payback with some of my own results.

The Stock tires, 245/45/20 Goodyears, had gotten hard after 13k miles and needed replacement. I also wanted to goto a wider tire. After a lot of research I decided on the 265/35/20 size. Its about one inch wider and 1.5 inches shorter tire. Fitment on the car was no problem front or rear. This is with the stock SRT rims.

I wanted a tire that all out handled more than anything else. Short list was.

Falken AZENIS RT-615K : thought of going to 18” rims to get these. Ran a lot of sets of 205/50/15 and love them.

Falken AZENIS RT-615K (All Sizes) Tires for Sale Online - Vulcan Tire Sales

BFG Rival.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...ewall=Blackwall&partnum=635WR0GFRXL&tab=Sizes

Falken are my favorite but they dont make 20 inch tire at this time. The BFG Rivals I am unable to get thru my tire dealer I use. Tire rack is the only game in town for them. Not sure why that is.So..

My dealer was able to get me a great deal on these,under 1000$. Not quite what I wanted but I have run these once before in the 15” size on a Honda. There a good tire with a 300 UTOG rating. I do think they are discontinued so prices should be low.

265/35/20 Bfg KDW

g-Force T/A KDW | BFGoodrich Tires

Ran about 500 miles of break in on them and there a pretty good handling tire.Still a little slick from mold release. I am running 33 psi all around but increased the fronts to 37 psi for tomorrow.

Still thinking about the Rivals! :scratchhead: maybe 315/35/20 on the rear!

Great tech tips about tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/tiretech.jsp

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quick update:

went with 37 psi front 33 rear. Ill take suggestions on this.

Made a slight G improvement same exit ramp I had a .91 up to a .96.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts