Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to the forums guys, just purchased everything
I need to Install a 274 cam from comp cams on my 14
challenger srt8. right now im running 1 7/8 long tube headers
catted midpipes and straight 3 inch exhaust, lmi intake, 125 shot zex kit and a custom diablo tune. Trying to break 500whp. thoughts and comments? what can I expect out of this cam??

·
Registered
157 Posts
catted midpipes and straight 3 inch exhaust, lmi intake, 125 shot zex kit and a custom diablo tune. Trying to break 500whp. thoughts and comments? what can I expect out of this cam??
I have no idea, but I can't wait to hear it. Be sure to post a video :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
Welcome and congrats.

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
What did you dyno with those mods you have.? Or have you ran at track and have an et and MPH slip ? Or have you done either yet. I seen your going to the rollers for a tune once you do cam it.
Let us know results.
We have some great vendors here at CT that can help ya out.
FlatTop

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Havent had her to the track or on the dyno yet yet, ive only had it for about 4 months but I will for sure be doing a before and after pull. this is the first time someone else is working on my car so if we run into any problems I will definitely contact you for tuning

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Iv been wanting to do this my self. Good luck hope you get your numbers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bump, any numbers yet?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ever get any results on this?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I finished my car, it runs like a dream with the 274. Get yourself a good tuner and all will be fine. Now I just need the right heads for mysetup

Reactions: Rscottjr

·
Registered
309 Posts
Good to hear it's all done. What are the dyno numbers before and after?

Not so hot because I made a big mistake in not just buying Apache heads to put on the short block I bought. I slapped my stock eagle 5.7 heads back on which are choking the whole setup way back and put down 382rwhp on an extremely stingy mustang dyno.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Not so hot because I made a big mistake in not just buying Apache heads to put on the short block I bought. I slapped my stock eagle 5.7 heads back on which are choking the whole setup way back and put down 382rwhp on an extremely stingy mustang dyno.

The moral of this story spend the money the first time and do it right. I'm hunting for some Apache heads as we speak

·
Registered
309 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts