Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Tired of looking through all the forums. I want to put Continental Extreme Contact 275 40 20's (front and rear) on my stock 2012 Challenger SRT. Will it rub in the front without spacers???

:bangin:

·
Banned
575 Posts
OK. Tired of looking through all the forums. I want to put Continental Extreme Contact 275 40 20's (front and rear) on my stock 2012 Challenger SRT. Will it rub in the front without spacers???

:bangin:
I believe with the +25.5mm offset SRT Wheel you would need 3mm spacer on the front. If you had the Factory Reproductions they are +20mm offset and no spacer would be needed.

1,931 Posts
You may be able to get buy w/o the spacer...mine were close but I am lowered an inch in the front....I believe I could have got by w/o a 3mm spacer but opted to install since I had one sitting on my parts shelf.....rear will be ok....I have 295/40s on mine...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You may be able to get buy w/o the spacer...mine were close but I am lowered an inch in the front....I believe I could have got by w/o a 3mm spacer but opted to install since I had one sitting on my parts shelf.....rear will be ok....I have 295/40s on mine...
I was thinking about the 295's on the rear as well. I'm worried Gateway Tire won't install them on my 9" rims. I haven't talked to them yet.

1,931 Posts
I was thinking about the 295's on the rear as well. I'm worried Gateway Tire won't install them on my 9" rims. I haven't talked to them yet.

Some tire installers wont....but I have done this (installed tires on rims 1" undersized) many times and know many that have w/o issue...lot of members have 315/35s mounted on 9" rims.....mine look fine and the tire installer mentioned they went on easy......but I do plan to widen my rear wheels to 10.5" in the near future just because I want to get the full tread on the ground....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help. I think I'll go with the 295 40's rear and 275 40's front. Where do you get the spacers or do the tire places have those?

1,931 Posts
And did you put 3mm spacers on the rear also?
I actually put a set of 5mm on the rears only because I was concerned the fronts might look wider since they were pushed out by the spacers....and again I had the spacers.....but you do not need the spacers on the rear....After looking at mine I will probably remove the rear spacers....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Do you think it would be safer to go ahead and put 3mm on front and rear?
Nevermind, I just ordered one set. Thanks again for all your help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts