Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at Pirelli P-Zero's for all 4 corners. Anyone have issues with 275's up front on the SRT8? I want to be able to rotate the tires and I don't like the 255/45 F1's currently installed. And I drive it pretty hard, as the fronts are almost as badly worn as the rears. Other tire suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
You're looking at .8" or so. You'll end up with half of that going inward and half towards the fender. Just take your hand / finger and feel if you have more than that around the upper control arm (inside of wheel). If you do, you're Kosher. I run a 275 in the front and I'm dropped 1.7" from R/T height (.9" more than your SRT8) and it works with my 9" wheels.

I think you'll be fine. I also think a staggered fitment is nice looking though ;-)

HemiSam

·
Registered
818 Posts
I ran 245/45/20 fronts and 275/40/20 rears With the P-zeros. The front wore very fast on the outermost edge. The tires were great but I only got 12K outta my set. I had the alignment checked and it was good. I was told the P-zeros have a very soft sidewall which doesn't work well with such a heavy car. Not sure if it's true or not.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Stock SRT suspension. Stock ride height.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Well, if it wasn't positive camber then I guess the tires just wear that way or you drive in a circle ;-)

HemiSam

·
Registered
51 Posts
2010 SRT 275/40/20 Nitto 05's on all for corners. This tire is a sticky street tire but harder than a cheater slick. 5-7000 miles is all you are going to get. The fronts clear the steering knuckle by 3/8 ". Never have they rubbed. With only about 3 " of sidewall on this size tire, not much flex available to hit the steering knuckle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts