Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
What’s up challenger fans. I just finished rebuilding a T/A 392. I started with the stock Pirellis and then switched to the Nitto 555’s. Those were great for getting traction but they are expensive and I honestly have more fun not getting traction. I found four decent Goodyear 275/55/20s at a garage sale this weekend and talked them down to 50 bucks for the set. It is a tight fit and rub where my Mickey 305s rub but it can be done. What do y’all think redneck or cool?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
432 Posts
275/55 will definitely be rubbing on the front control arm and the stud coming off of it. I had 245/50 and even that rubbed a little bit

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,761 Posts
What’s up challenger fans. I just finished rebuilding a T/A 392. I started with the stock Pirellis and then switched to the Nitto 555’s. Those were great for getting traction but they are expensive and I honestly have more fun not getting traction. I found four decent Goodyear 275/55/20s at a garage sale this weekend and talked them down to 50 bucks for the set. It is a tight fit and rub where my Mickey 305s rub but it can be done. What do y’all think redneck or cool? View attachment 996994
For that cheap, put them on the rear only, and have fun with the first pair, then decide on what to replace the 2nd pair with when those go away.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,761 Posts
They look OK to me. For the money, I'd rock them till I could see the air in them.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I give them a go on the back but not the front. On a different car I put oversized tires all the way around. On lock tight turns the front tires rubbed slightly on the inside of the wheels wells. But, they were not as much oversize as what you've got. On the front I'd be concerned about (literally) rubbing something the wrong way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts