Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the classic 20's that came on the 2010 RT and put 275/55/20 on the rear and left the front at 245/45/20. It is so sick. It is a blend of then and now. The rear doesn't rub at all anywhere in the well. They were tight to get in but once the weight seated on the rims I was able to tighten the lug nuts all around and WAM. My new look. Stupid looks cool sometimes.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I used the classic 20's that came on thew 2010 RT and put 275/55/20 on the rear and left the front at 245/45/20. It is so sick. It is a blend of then and now. The rear doesn't rub at all anywhere in the well. They were tight to get in but once the weight seated on the rims I was able to tighten the lug nuts all around and WAM. My new look. Stupid looks cool sometimes.

Post up some pics................................................................

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
275/55/20

I will post pics. By the time I was done putting them on driving around and testing while listening, then doing the chores my wife had for me, the sun was gone. So tomorrow I will clean her up and post some pics.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
holy crap, that's a 32" tall tire. when your speedometer reads 60, you will really be going 66.8 unless you correct that with the predator. the 11% different between the front and back tires doesn't cause limp mode?

my car went into limp mode when i was at 10.4% difference.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Post some pics!

·
Super Moderator
14,210 Posts
A 275/40 R-20 would have been a perfect match to the diameter of your front 245/45 R-20, but I guess you wanted a raked look with the taller 55 series tire.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Lol that's crazy! That's the same size we have on our TRUCK :D

Get some pics!

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Old school man, looks good.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Lol wow those are almost the exact tires I have on my truck :D

Looks great though, I like it :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
I dig it!!! Have you measured that tire mounted on car to see actually diameter? If you could it would be appreciated! Also, do you have a straight on profile from a little further away? Would love to see all the car in that view! Awesome though...thanks!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Whats the point of huge tires like this other than looks? How is this better than the low profile tires that come on the classic? Or is it just for looks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Wow,Wow,Wow! Does that ever bring back some memories! You sure don't need a lowering kit now. Does it affect your cornering? It must, right? Wow!

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Whats the point of huge tires like this other than looks? How is this better than the low profile tires that come on the classic? Or is it just for looks.
Well, the ride will be softer, good thing for pot holes.
I would say(speaking for myself) that the look is everything. Isn't that we we all bought Challengers in the first place? I hate the low profile look. This is not a Viper or a Ferrari, this is a muscle car. Sidewall is everything to the look of a muscle car. I really find it interesting that so many people are being brainwashed into this low profile huge wagon wheel fad, it's really silly. I think the 20" wheel has already ruined the Challenger's look. 18" wheels are best on this car. Given the 20" classic Taiwan wheel, the OP has done a great job capturing the true essence of this car, I bet his speedo is off now though!:)

1 - 20 of 73 Posts