Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2016 VERY base rt shaker with these rims (no black pockets) (dunno what the previous owner was thinking when ordering the car)

Right now i got 245 firestone firehawk gtv's on.
Was wondering whats the max size i can go on the rear, 255 or 275?
I measured the wheel with a tape measure and it was like 9" wide, dunno if thats appropriate but i'm like hell... i want 275s
My build sheets states "245/45R20 BSW AS Performance Tires 20X8.0 Premium Painted Alum Wheels"

Or should i just go cheaper 255s and upgrade wheels and tires later.. 255s as a "hold me over"
A freind of mine has a 2012, and has 275s in the rear, look great and has the outer bulging as you can tell its a wider tire than should be on that rim.

thanks

·
Registered
486 Posts
I got a 2016 VERY base rt shaker with these rims (no black pockets) (dunno what the previous owner was thinking when ordering the car)

Right now i got 245 firestone firehawk gtv's on.
Was wondering whats the max size i can go on the rear, 255 or 275?
I measured the wheel with a tape measure and it was like 9" wide, dunno if thats appropriate but i'm like hell... i want 275s
My build sheets states "245/45R20 BSW AS Performance Tires 20X8.0 Premium Painted Alum Wheels"

Or should i just go cheaper 255s and upgrade wheels and tires later.. 255s as a "hold me over"
A freind of mine has a 2012, and has 275s in the rear, look great and has the outer bulging as you can tell its a wider tire than should be on that rim.

thanks
Not sure how you measured the wheels width with a tape measure but if you got 9" wide you may have measured the OUTSIDE width of the wheel, whereas a wheels width is measure on the inside.
wheel width.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts