Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 2016 Scat Pack March 28 with 14k miles and six months later with 19k miles the tires were shot due to the toe being way off. I talked to the store manager and he agreed to sell me the tires at cost, free mounting/balancing, and a free alignment. Didn't ask or expect it but got a free oil change too. Paid $643 OTD including my state inspection that was due. Much improved ride and handling over the 245 Goodyear's!!

Alloy wheel Tire Wheel Automotive tire Rim

·
Registered
830 Posts
I also have a 2016 Plum Crazy Scat Pack with the Hellcat lower airbox and air catcher tube. I've also installed the black satin 5 spoke Hellcat rims with the Pirelli P-Zero Nero AS tires and a Hellcat rear spoiler. Mine came with the same rim as yours. I like the overall appearance better and it drives better. I've seen other members install the 275/40 20 tires on their 20x9" rims and everyone indicates their Challenger handles better. Do you have any additional photos of your new tires installed from a distance? That was the one thing about the Scat Pack I wish that FCA would have designed the stock 20x9" rim as a 20x9.5. It seems the manager stepped up and gave you a good deal!

Reactions: NERO and 72/340

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just snapped a quick pic when they brought my car around. I'll get some more pics soon. You can tell the difference from the back....

Reactions: SFCR

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
I hope you remember to send that store manager a Christmas card(or fruitcake). You got one sweet deal there.

Reactions: 72/340 and SFCR

·
Registered
830 Posts
I just snapped a quick pic when they brought my car around. I'll get some more pics soon. You can tell the difference from the back....
BTW, you're in Raleigh? I used to live there and then moved to northern Harnett County. A few years ago, I moved to the coast. Nice area, but the job market is horrible and housing costs are skyrocketing!

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope you remember to send that store manager a Christmas card(or fruitcake). You got one sweet deal there.
I've worked in a tractor dealership for 34 years. I just talked to him how I'd want to be talked to, it almost always makes a big difference. They will get a great review!!!!

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BTW, you're in Raleigh? I used to live there and then moved to northern Harnett County. A few years ago, I moved to the coast. Nice area, but the job market is horrible and housing costs are skyrocketing!
Yes I'm in Raleigh. The whole triangle area is exploding with housing. The coast is nice to visit but very pricey these days. My cousin bought a retirement house at Carolina Beach and the insurance alone is crazy!!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Yes I'm in Raleigh. The whole triangle area is exploding with housing. The coast is nice to visit but very pricey these days. My cousin bought a retirement house at Carolina Beach and the insurance alone is crazy!!
I'm in Raleigh for about 9 years now. Coming from South Florida and New York before that, NC is very inexpensive compared to those two states as far as cost of living and housing. Even the average household income is higher here in Raleigh, then South Florida and NY if you compare to housing and cost of living.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Yep, sure is indeed. We've been looking everywhere down here for another house and it's insane. If you go to Onslow County, a similar house can be $20,000 - $30,000 less than in New Hanover County or the Hampstead areas. We moved to the inland side of 17 where wind and hail insurance is not required if you have a mortgage. That certainly saved us quite a bit! Did you get your Scat Pack at Westgate in Raleigh?

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm in Raleigh for about 9 years now. Coming from South Florida and New York before that, NC is very inexpensive compared to those two states as far as cost of living and housing. Even the average household income is higher here in Raleigh, then South Florida and NY if you compare to housing and cost of living.
I grew up north of Albany, NY.. farm country, close to the VT state line. My brother has a house in Colonie and the damn taxes are $10k a year. IDK how or why people stay there.

Reactions: SFCR and JavierA

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Yep, sure is indeed. We've been looking everywhere down here for another house and it's insane. If you go to Onslow County, a similar house can be $20,000 - $30,000 less than in New Hanover County or the Hampstead areas. We moved to the inland side of 17 where wind and hail insurance is not required if you have a mortgage. That certainly saved us quite a bit! Did you get your Scat Pack at Westgate in Raleigh?
Leigh in Wake which is now Westgate (which I don't like their service department)! The guys that use to work at Leith Dodge are now at Leigh Jeep on Capital so that's where I take my car now...

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I grew up north of Albany, NY.. farm country, close to the VT state line. My brother has a house in Colonie and the damn taxes are $10k a year. IDK how or why people stay there.
I have a sister in law that lives in Sherman NY which a SMALL town and she also pays that much tax on a 100 year old house that only probably worth $60k SMDH...

·
Registered
830 Posts
Leigh in Wake which is now Westgate (which I don't like their service department)! The guys that use to work at Leith Dodge are now at Leigh Jeep on Capital so that's where I take my car now...
I worked at Leith Lincoln-Mercury years ago and then Mercedes-Benz. Whew...I had to get out! Anyway, Westgate also bought the Chevrolet dealership in Burgaw down here in Pender County. He's also opening an FCA dealership. Hendrick just bought Neuwirth Motors in Wilmington, so now it's Hendrick Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM Fiat. I don't think much has changed yet, so we'll see what happens. One of the Dodge techs went to Westgate in Burgaw. Unfortunately, I don't have much confidence in dealership service these days. They don't seem to care and the techs don't either.

Reactions: JavierA

·
Registered
830 Posts
I have a sister in law that lives in Sherman NY which a SMALL town and she also pays that much tax on a 100 year old house that only probably worth $60k SMDH...
Yep, I have a friend here who came from Long Island. He said that property taxes and the weather finally ran them out of NY. He came here and likes it...he says it's much less expensive. I think they purchased their house for cash out of what sold their house in NY for and had some extra money from the sale. Another guy I know on Long Island had to pay $70,000 on one of his houses, which he finally sold to China to house one of their diplomats! That's insane!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Even if I made the money, I'd hate to pay out that kind of cash every year.

Reactions: 72/340

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I worked at Leith Lincoln-Mercury years ago and then Mercedes-Benz. Whew...I had to get out! Anyway, Westgate also bought the Chevrolet dealership in Burgaw down here in Pender County. He's also opening an FCA dealership. Hendrick just bought Neuwirth Motors in Wilmington, so now it's Hendrick Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM Fiat. I don't think much has changed yet, so we'll see what happens. One of the Dodge techs went to Westgate in Burgaw. Unfortunately, I don't have much confidence in dealership service these days. They don't seem to care and the techs don't either.
As far as service goes you may be please with Hendrick. I live by the Hendrick Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM Fiat Dealership in Concord, NC. I'm not very happy with their sales mgmt but I've been going to their Service Dept since they opened up (2014), they run a very clean and organized Dept.

Reactions: SFCR

·
Registered
830 Posts
As far as service goes you may be please with Hendrick. I live by the Hendrick Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM Fiat Dealership in Concord, NC. I'm not very happy with their sales mgmt but I've been going to their Service Dept since they opened up (2014), they run a very clean and organized Dept.
I certainly hope he makes those kinds of changes here. The service department had a lot to be desired. It also looked like a nasty dump hole last time I was in there.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm thinking of getting 275's on my Scat, How is the clearance to the front knuckle? I tend to take turns pretty fast. I just may do the rear with 275"s.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm thinking of getting 275's on my Scat, How is the clearance to the front knuckle? I tend to take turns pretty fast. I just may do the rear with 275"s.
LOTS and LOTS of peeps have done this. I would think if it was an issue it would be posted all over here by now.

·
Registered
179 Posts
LOTS and LOTS of peeps have done this. I would think if it was an issue it would be posted all over here by now.
I hear ya. I know the 275's fit upfront but man it's a close fit in the front but YES I do see many owners running them with no issue. I just purchased 4 BF Goodrich Gforce Comp TA A/S and may buy a set of 275's to run on the back. This tire seems to fill out the rim better than the stock Goodyears.

Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Car Tire

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.