Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've checked out a bunch of threads on this site and I'm pretty sure I'm good here, but while waiting for the tire shop to get my last wheel in (coming from the out-of-state warehouse) I figured I'd check.

I have a 2015 base R/T. I bought Factory Reproductions Style 70 (https://factoryreproductions.com/shop/dodge/style-70/), 9.5 for front and 10.5 for back. Fronts I ordered 275/40/20 and rear 305/35/20 BFG G-Force Comp 2 A/S tires. The tire shop said the fronts would not fit, I said I did my homework and that they would. They mounted up one of the fronts (I bought new TPMS monitors/lugs so nothing from my old tires is needed) and put it on the wheel and I see about a half-inch of clearance between the tire and the steering arm.

This should be good, right? Or will I need a spacer? The last tire won't be in until next week, they thought they had all 4 tires in stock but they could only find 3 which is why they only mounted one.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
The tire shop doesn't know what they are talking about. You will be fine. All of the FR wheels at 9.5 have 275s on the fronts...including all Base 5.7s.
That's why FR makes them with low offset (+15)..to clear tighter spaces on R/Ts and SXTs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that's what I figured. One of the guys at the shop was trying to tell me and the shop manager that the 245>275 upgrade would cause a rub - I was 99% sure it would be fine, I talked to FR, but just wanted to double check that there were no differences with me having a base R/T.

I convinced the guy by telling him that the new rims had a different offset than stock, not sure if that's true, but it satisfied him.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have this exact set up so your guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks badass, and is exactly the look I am going for, I have the Granite Crystal Metallic (it's like a metallic brownish-gray).

Next on my list is the Eibach Pro kit (I see in your sig you have that too), replace the chrome gas cap with black, and replace the body-colored spoiler with a black SRT one.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
You’ll be fine. I had the tire shop tell me the same recently only to prove them wrong when the tires came in. I’m lowered on stage ones so was concerned, but many here told me I was good and I was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
397 Posts
You’ll definitely be fine, even with the Pro Kit springs. I have a base R/T as well, lowered on Pro Kit springs, with 20x9 +15 and 20x10.5 +25 wheels and 275/40 front, 315/35 rear with no rubbing or problems.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've checked out a bunch of threads on this site and I'm pretty sure I'm good here, but while waiting for the tire shop to get my last wheel in (coming from the out-of-state warehouse) I figured I'd check.

I have a 2015 base R/T. I bought Factory Reproductions Style 70 (https://factoryreproductions.com/shop/dodge/style-70/), 9.5 for front and 10.5 for back. Fronts I ordered 275/40/20 and rear 305/35/20 BFG G-Force Comp 2 A/S tires. The tire shop said the fronts would not fit, I said I did my homework and that they would. They mounted up one of the fronts (I bought new TPMS monitors/lugs so nothing from my old tires is needed) and put it on the wheel and I see about a half-inch of clearance between the tire and the steering arm.

This should be good, right? Or will I need a spacer? The last tire won't be in until next week, they thought they had all 4 tires in stock but they could only find 3 which is why they only mounted one.
Scat packs with dynamics package, SRT392s, and Hellcats all have factory 275s and no issues fitting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts