5,634 Posts
That is over priced offer 22K

·
Banned
7,159 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Since you can find Charger SRT8's for the mid teens range... yeah tell em it's overpriced.

Give the 08's another few years.... you'll see them in the low 20's high teens.
Really? I've seen 08's going up in price and the 09's being cheaper, simply due to the 08 not technically being a "market-value" car as it was the first year reincarnation of the Challenger (numbered blah blah), mines still holds a 37-38k value on Kellys Blue Book...09 is lower...just what I've been seeing. This one should of course be cheap as there's no "collector" bit to it...I mean they painted over the stock color, huge loss of value.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Really? I've seen 08's going up in price and the 09's being cheaper, simply due to the 08 not technically being a "market-value" car as it was the first year reincarnation of the Challenger (numbered blah blah), mines still holds a 37-38k value on Kellys Blue Book...09 is lower...just what I've been seeing. This one should of course be cheap as there's no "collector" bit to it...I mean they painted over the stock color, huge loss of value.
I've seen the 08's approaching that 30k threshold pretty quickly, but I think it has more to do with the time of year. *shrugs* I;ve been told by people in the auto industry to never use Kelly Blue Book as a ruler. *shrugs again*.

I do agree though, that paint job easily took 5k off the value.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Yeah, KBB shows that a '08 Challenger SRT8 should have a bit higher resale value than a similiarly equipped '09 with the same mileage.

But if I remember, alot of '08s rolled off the lots with some pretty high dealership markups (one local dealership quoted me a $20k markup - yeah right!). Maybe this plays into the '08s higher pricing, or the fact that no other '08 Challengers were around to bring the model year resale values down.

Anyone know if Dodge offered EPP and 0% for '08 Challengers when they offered it for '09s. I'm sure they had to.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Yeah, KBB shows that a '08 Challenger SRT8 should have a bit higher resale value than a similiarly equipped '09 with the same mileage.

But if I remember, alot of '08s rolled off the lots with some pretty high dealership markups (one local dealership quoted me a $20k markup - yeah right!). Maybe this plays into the '08s higher pricing, or the fact that no other '08 Challengers were around to bring the model year resale values down.

Anyone know if Dodge offered EPP and 0% for '08 Challengers when they offered it for '09s. I'm sure they had to.

Good points as well, I didn't think of that.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SRT 6spd detonator yellow
501 Posts
What do you use in Jersey ? Cape May Ferry rate schedule :)
Cape May Ferry rates thats even funner.........someone should check with Obamamatics

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
i refied my 08 cause i was at 11.9 the bank said they would lend me up to 34k for the 08. i only owed 23k i could have got some extra paper out of them.
i think 29k for a repainted 08 is high even with them wheels for an untouched car probaly worth it.
I got an 09 torre red with a pro charger exhaust low miles for 31k with out the blower 28k

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
What do you use in Jersey ? Cape May Ferry rate schedule :)

Valley...that IS funny! And quick, you're alright in my book.
Keep it coming

But seriously, KBB is a joke and well documented on this forum for over two years, I just can't help myself when people treat it as reliable or useful. Sorry if I offended anyone. Try Edmund's, it is much closer to reality.:)

Here, I did it for you...
http://www.edmunds.com/used/2008/dodge/challenger/100962782/options.html?tmvaction=vdpresult

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
I just offered 18,500 !!

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
I've seen that car. It does not look like a very nice car. Considering what I paid for mine I would not pay $25,000 for that car.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Valley...that IS funny! And quick, you're alright in my book.
Keep it coming

But seriously, KBB is a joke and well documented on this forum for over two years, I just can't help myself when people treat it as reliable or useful. Sorry if I offended anyone. Try Edmund's, it is much closer to reality.:)

Here, I did it for you...
http://www.edmunds.com/used/2008/dodge/challenger/100962782/options.html?tmvaction=vdpresult
I could also use locals...one of the places I was shopping (Carmax) every 08 SRT-8 was about 1.5-2k more than the 09 SRT-8, there has to be "some" first year model collectibility, that's why some people were crazy and spent 50-55k on the first year Challengers. Could also have to do with that every 08 SRT-8 was basically loaded out, but even then looking on Yahoo Autos they were still priced higher than 09's.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Black to WHITE! WTF!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts