Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new set of tires for my ride. It took many months to make the decision but ended up with the BFG KDW, 295/40/20 back and 245/40/20 front on my stock rims.

I love the look and ride of them. The car sits at a slight pitch of about 3/4 of an inch. The 295 does not stick out at all but gives it a much meaner look. I wanted a 245/45/20 in front but BFG didn't offer one. It rides the same maybe a little less road noise, but best of all it didn't mess with the abs.

I'm reluctant to do a burn out with the new tires but that will be short lived. As soon as I get a chance I will run it at the track and see what kind of time I can get.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
looks great..those tires and sizes are on the hurst challengers. Can you post a pic from the rear? I want to go with this set up too. The BFG's run big...the 295 looked like a 315 wide nitto when I saw one last year.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'd too like too see a shot from the rear. Interesting why BFG doesn't make a 245/45/20 seems like that would be more in demand than a 245/40

·
Registered
481 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
This is the size I'm going to when my OEM's wear out. Looks sweet! Would still like to see what the Nittos look like from the rear tho, and oblique side angle of the front please.

·
Banned
903 Posts
They look bad azz!!!!
I just bought the same tires 2 wks ago but haven't put them on yet because I'm waiting on my new budnik rims to come in.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd too like too see a shot from the rear. Interesting why BFG doesn't make a 245/45/20 seems like that would be more in demand than a 245/40
Some more pics, the one shot of the two tires side by side are my old 255 f1 next to the 295 BFG.

The tires are super economical, $182 and $152 no shipping, I just took the Tire rack price into America's tire and asked them to match it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
Thanks HemiSam, appreciate it.

chukarboy, I'll look forward to a pic like the one Raceheart77 posted, as yours don't look as wide for some reason. Might be just the angle tho. Check what I mean:

Attachments

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts

chukarboy, I'll look forward to a pic like the one Raceheart77 posted, as yours don't look as wide for some reason. Might be just the angle tho. Check what I mean:
Omi 9" rim compared to a 10.5" rim :)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
now with these KDW tires do you get to choose between the traditional thread design (that you have) or the more racing style thread design. Most pictures I see on the Internet have the newer thread design. I really like it. I am just wondering what the difference is. Here is the link to that other thread design:
g-Force T/A KDW | BFGoodrich Tires

Just wondering why you did not choose the newer thread design as BFG calls it in the description.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Its the angle, they are big and beefy, look at the shot with them side by side.

The wider rim has a nominal effect, the width measurement was about the same on and off the 9" rim. The Hurst picture is deceiving because the angle of the shot has the front tires adding the illusion of additional width. As it sits now the tires rubbed when it was on the lift and when it was lowered the space between the inner edge of the tire and the plastic wheel well was about the size of an eraser.

I've seen those shots before and they seemed to wide for me, but after a closer look and seeing them in person I saw the true picture.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
guys.... a 10.5 will give the look of a wider wheel for sure. I know first hand from experience. Also... if Chukarboy took the shot from the same hurst angle...it would look bigger. It looks big to me already... damn these BFG's run big. (I like :) )
Thanks Chuk for posting!

1 - 20 of 93 Posts