Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to find a good aerosol spray thats both durable and matching for the shaker and spoiler.
so far ive found the spraymax 2k hot rod satin black spray, its like a two stage paint in one bottle.
problem is, shipping looks to take forever and one can is like $32-37.

has anyone gotten good results from something else found locally at an auto store, walmart, paint store?
i want a good satin black that lays smooth and can take UV sunlight and pressure washing. not interested in vinyl wrap.
thanks.

·
Super Moderator
17,469 Posts
getting a good application is key. A friend converted his Scat Pack to a shaker - shop shot the hood in hot rod black, but the finish wasn't even across the hood - ended up having it wrapped afterward with the results he was after.

It might be easier on a smaller area (shaker scoop or spoiler) but how its applied is important

·
Registered
203 Posts
The only versions of a Hot Rod style flat or satin black that will last over time will be a 2 part system. Even the spray cans will have the activator already inside the can. You need to mix it inside the can and then use the full can since after it is mixed, it will only last for a short time. For the longest lasting versions you would want to use a UV resistant flat clear coat over the base. I would check with Eastwood to see what other options you might have. You can get some really inexpensive HVLP spray guns at Harbor freight that will work just fine applying automotive paint. For around $10 you can get their small touch up gun that works just fine for this stuff. I bought their best big gun to paint my car and it worked just as good as my very expensive Devilibis gun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts