Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back out to the Test & Tune at National Trails today. Got 6 runs in, but improved significantly. I really need to invest in a set of Drag Radials because all I do is spin off the line. DA was 1500 during my first runs and 1800 on my last run.

I did what everyone suggested. Very happy with my times.
-Removed spare tire and jack from trunk
-Removed false floor in trunk
-Removed floor mats
-Removed Air Filter during runs
-1/4 tank gas with Octane Boost
-45 psi in front tires, 25 in rear

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
936 Posts
Nice improvement. You have enough mph to run a low 13 with a good launch. You?re onto something with the drag radials.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Your runs were on pace with 5.7 here in so ca.
If you can get some unleaded vp109 race gas and do a 50/50 mix of your highest pump gas it will help you out more than octane booster. Drive your car to the tack to where you have your gas tank on empty or it says low fuel or about 5 miles from the track then pour in 2.5 gal of the vp109 and by the time you get to the track it will be mixed and in the fuel rails with your tank gas. This will keep your pcm from pulling timing and the added oxygen the race gas has will make more hp. It did wonder on my bone stock 6.4 jeep as I was running .5 quicker and 3 mph faster than all other bone stock 6.4 jeeps.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everything helped significantly. My one 14 second run was due to heat soak and driver error. Everything else was 13.9 or below. The last test and tune of the year is this coming Sunday. Looks like it will be 50 degrees with 50% humidity, so I should get another personal best.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
Everything helped significantly. My one 14 second run was due to heat soak and driver error. Everything else was 13.9 or below. The last test and tune of the year is this coming Sunday. Looks like it will be 50 degrees with 50% humidity, so I should get another personal best.
Yep the more you practice the faster you'll get. Good luck on Sunday. Keep us posted on how you do. Your car should pick up nicely in that nice cold air. My car seems to drop about .1 and pick up 1mph for every 750ft or so of DA decrease. So if it's much cooler than last time, you may run .1 to .2 quicker just from the DA improvement alone.

I'm hoping to make it out to the track again this weekend myself. Forecast shows a high of 50 and sunny. If I get there before it gets too warm, might still be in the mid/high 40's! That's on the verge of negative DA there! :)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Awesome job

1 - 7 of 7 Posts