Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car wouldn’t be a daily driver but would see the highway on road trips. Average cost of the swap? I know I’d also need a tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
868 Posts
You won’t need a tune. But you will loose fuel efficiency on the highway for better launching.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the 3.91 gear swap in my 2010. You will need programmer to change the ratio in the pcm or your car go will into limp mode. I recommend a pcm tune and reprogrammed tcm for this upgrade. It kills about 4mpg on strictly highway driving, 2-3 city. car will be much quicker though. youll need tires to race from a stop.

·
Registered
2016 plum crazy purple R/T Scat Pack
1,091 Posts
You can buy a used Diablosport Predator tuner for $100 or so and reset your gear ratio and turn off MDS among other things. The 93 octane canned tune wakes it up too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The reason I ask about these two specifically is cause these are what’s readily available to me at a decent price right now. I’m really trying to figure out the difference in performance from the two different gear ratios.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The reason I ask about these two specifically is cause these are what’s readily available to me at a decent price right now. I’m really trying to figure out the difference in performance from the two different gear ratios.

the difference is about .3 tenths in the quarter mile if you have sticky tires. really good gear ratio for 40 rolls too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts