Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe ive seen it in the past, but cant find it now..

Has anybody custom made or know where to buy a engine cover for the SE??

I noticed www.3gcustomz.com had a thread on other forums but when i go to their site the v6 cover isnt there.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Yea good question I've been wondering about this too.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
ok, there is no factory cover for the Se 3.5L engine. yeah I know, they are ugly as hell too. I custom made mine using a cover from a G35 and an actual chrome six pack cover from a cuda. I bought all the factory decals used on that cover and cut off the 340 from the sixpack decal. Had some brakets special made to mount it on the top of the engine.

now another idea was invented using 2 covers from a 5.7L RT. I know Ghostdance did this cover so you might be able to find his posts that show some pics of it.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
i don't understand why someone would want to cover the engine up, but dodge does make a cover for the 3.5L. i know the '09 journey uses a cover over the 3.5L. maybe that one could work?

·
Registered
66 Posts
How about this. This is from the 2009 Journey 3.5.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i looked at the journey cover, i think it would require more modification because of the shape and where the hole for the oil is.. the infiniti g35 cover actually looks like its pretty close to the same shape and size of the challenger engine, so im gonna take that route and see what i can do, ill post pics when its all done. thank you guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts