Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
V6 "Functional" Shaker Hood

suncoastcreations.com/a-d-chal/dodge-challenger-shaker-style-ramair-hood-23006.html

I read several threads in regards to shaker hoods for the SE. According to Suncoast Creations, theirs is functional fit for my 3.5L. I have an email into them into them on the functionality and shaker location. The price isn't bad and painting it matte black against the Torrend will look good. I'll post their response as I am looking adding this to my SE. Any advice or past experience would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Good luck. Hope you can do it.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
it's a functional cosmetic hood mounted shaker intake.
The shaker intake is NOT engine mounted so when you pop the hood the "shaker" intake goes up with the hood and it does not "shake" when the engine runs.
But it does LOOK cool.
I been thinking of this as a down the line mod at some point

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
it's a functional cosmetic hood mounted shaker intake.
The shaker intake is NOT engine mounted so when you pop the hood the "shaker" intake goes up with the hood and it does not "shake" when the engine runs.
But it does LOOK cool.
I been thinking of this as a down the line mod at some point
I was thinking the same thing but after reading their question link, Stacey's video and gallery pictures, I'm thinking it's truly functional. I guess my call on Monday will nail this down. Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
my bad...this is the cosmetic, yet still functional, 3.5L shaker hood I was thinking of.

Autoform Group - AFR Shaker Hood (SE)

I have this hood favorited for a down the line purchase at some point, maybe, who knows, kinda sorta, don't know

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Spoke with Suncoast and here are a couple of pictures from them on the V6 shaker mounting. Air goes into snorkle, routes through internal ducting in hood and dumps into CAI (ordered separately $200). Placing my order for hood setup and CAI. Local body shop gave estimate near$600 for flat black paint on both sides, snorkel assembly and complete install. Try and post more pictures as they paint and install.

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 V6 Challenger
465 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
After numerous incorrect shipments and items not engineered to the 3.5. The snorkle and the throttle body were making contact which made the hood off alignment. The hood ducting to the air box also not centered over the cai. Too many issues, filed a dispute since the company representatives would return calls or emails. Finally president wrote back. Car spent 1 month at body shop waiting for 3 separate incorrect and incomplete shipments. Not sure if they are going to request hood back but I have to pick up everything today since the shop can't keep the stuff. You can't say I didn't try but the cost but with continuous fitment problems and lacking customer service, I decided to cut my losses. Decided to change to full side strobes, cuda grille and wrap hood in matte black after 2 long months of dealing with suncoast creations.

·
Registered
2009 V6 Challenger
465 Posts
After numerous incorrect shipments and items not engineered to the 3.5. The snorkle and the throttle body were making contact which made the hood off alignment. The hood ducting to the air box also not centered over the cai. Too many issues, filed a dispute since the company representatives would return calls or emails. Finally president wrote back. Car spent 1 month at body shop waiting for 3 separate incorrect and incomplete shipments. Not sure if they are going to request hood back but I have to pick up everything today since the shop can't keep the stuff. You can't say I didn't try but the cost but with continuous fitment problems and lacking customer service, I decided to cut my losses. Decided to change to full side strobes, cuda grille and wrap hood in matte black after 2 long months of dealing with suncoast creations.

Wow that sucks. I have two people local to me (minnesota) that have this hood on V8 cars. Both happy with the setup. Was it just the cai part or did the hood itself not fit right?

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Sorry for the grief DL...hope you get it worked out.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The snorkel was the first issue because of the throttle body pushing the snorkel up and not sitting level and rubbing on the hood. The second issue was the cutout in the hood where the air would dump into the air box was not aligned and sitting on only half. I believe their setup fir the v8 cars is probably ok, but they have not engineered for the v6 and should not market to v6 if it doesn't fit. As mentioned, they're responses after the sale are horrible. Since the order, this has been almost 3 months and heard they are finally shipping back today. Too bad but for $1500 for the parts, you expect allot better service.

·
Registered
2009 V6 Challenger
465 Posts
So they are picking the hood back up from the body shop?
Also How was the fit around the rest of the hood? I really want to order one but now I don't trust them.:mad:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The fit looked good and it was well made. The bracketry for the v6 was an issue but it seems like the hemi guys are happy. They is also another company making the shaker setup. The president just sent me an email that he plans on reimbursing me the body shop fees, so we'll see.They sent one shipping notice but there are two boxes. I had to message the president from his YouTube page because all his staff were ignoring me when they kept sending the wrong brackets and no grille inserts.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
My advice, if you can find it someplace else do it. If you use these guys, plan on patience. After they processed my payment on the order, it took a month just to get it here. And then a month of back and forth and finally 2 weeks more and I'm still trying to close this up.

·
Registered
2009 V6 Challenger
465 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I have emailed them and called them (answering machine) with no responce? I can't even get ahold of them to talk about the hood?? Who else makes one for the V6?

·
Registered
2009 V6 Challenger
465 Posts
Did you ever send the hood back? Ric finally emailed me back. (I asked for his side of the story) He went on about moving and firing his whole crew and needing to update the molds etc etc. I told him to let me know when he has things under control and a correctly fitted 3.5l shaker set ready for shipping. I told him I would update here when I was happy. I will make a new thread if and when that happenens. :confused:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Did you ever send the hood back? Ric finally emailed me back. (I asked for his side of the story) He went on about moving and firing his whole crew and needing to update the molds etc etc. I told him to let me know when he has things under control and a correctly fitted 3.5l shaker set ready for shipping. I told him I would update here when I was happy. I will make a new thread if and when that happenens. :confused:

How's the hood project? I'm still trying to get them to ship back the cai and wrong brackets. No response, I guessed things haven't changed on there business practice. I've never had such a bad experience with any company. They committed to reimbursing the body shop fees, maybe I'll sell the cai and call it good since they can't email or call. I hope my problems are unique but this crap had been going on since May.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts