Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw the megafactories on how the challenger is built. I knew they were assembled in canada but had no idea that hemi engines were built in mexico. But there was no mention where the V6 (old/new) were made... Thanks to challengertalk I found that 3.5L were made in Kenosha, WI :thumbsup: and the new 3.6L are now made in mexico as well.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forum...evealed-305-hp-pentastar-v6-46272/#post652470

·
Registered
196 Posts
Ahhh yes. Good ol' Kenosha WI. I live in wisconsin and was sad to see the Kenosha plant shut down after many many years. All the work went to mexico. I have 2009 3.5L challenger and was happy to know that the engine was made in the USA. It makes me love my ride even more.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"It makes me love my ride even more. " -Creature of the Wheel

I feel you.
American products made in America just feels so right.

:werd:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I read on Allpar that early Pentastar engines were made in the states then production was shifted to Mexico.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Just being over at the Allpar site, read that the 3.6L is made at the Trenton, Mi plant and also in Mexico. Don't know how dated this is. Didn't really go through the whole site. Reading more into it, sounds like they will continue production at Trenton until the 3.2L comes out, then most of the 3.6 will be shifted to Mexico.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
I'm glad also that my car does not have a "EL Hemi" . Sad to see so many good paying jobs leave this country. Here in Cleveland, Ohio we once had Ford , Chevy and Chrysler. You knew you would most likely get a job at one of these places. Boy did that change. Fords engine plant is basically shut down. Chrysler shut down. My fathers plant in Elyria, Ohio was shut down back in the late 80's. And I just read something on Yahoo about Generation Y not picking any American auto company products in the top ten.
Top Brands for Gen Y Buyers
(Ranked by percentage of buyers in Gen Y)
1. Scion — 21.2%
2. Mitsubishi — 20.3%
3. Mazda — 10.7%
4. Nissan — 9.8%
5. Volkswagen — 9.6%
6. Kia — 9.1%
7. Hyundai — 8.6%
8. Honda — 8.0%
9. Toyota — 7.6%
10. Subaru — 7.3%

So I'm glad I got the last American made engine and tranny.
here's my survey.
1. MOPAR---100%
Trouble for Detroit? Gen Y

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
Top Brands for Gen Y Buyers
(Ranked by percentage of buyers in Gen Y)
1. Scion — 21.2%
2. Mitsubishi — 20.3%
3. Mazda — 10.7%
4. Nissan — 9.8%
5. Volkswagen — 9.6%
6. Kia — 9.1%
7. Hyundai — 8.6%
8. Honda — 8.0%
9. Toyota — 7.6%
10. Subaru — 7.3%
Makes me glad NOT to be 20 again....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cant be that upset. most cool american cars are v6 or v8 and gas milage plus maintenance. most kids just wanna drive, oil changes and tire rotation is too much responsibility already...

i say its mopar or no car, baby.

But with the new generation of muscle available, hopefully it too will continue to draw more interest and appreciation.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Its my understanding that the Pentastars are all made in Mexico at the plant.

According to Allpar, the initial run of engines was produced here in the states (can't remember which plant) then moved to Mexico. There's a You Tube video showing the build in the USA plant.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I just saw the megafactories on how the challenger is built. I knew they were assembled in canada but had no idea that hemi engines were built in mexico. But there was no mention where the V6 (old/new) were made... Thanks to challengertalk I found that 3.5L were made in Kenosha, WI :thumbsup: and the new 3.6L are now made in mexico as well.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forum...evealed-305-hp-pentastar-v6-46272/#post652470
The 3.5L's where built in two different plants to my knowledge.
The EGG 3.5L which I believe is what the 09/10 challenger has was built in Kenosha, WI.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts