Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Challenger SE with a cold air intake. I recently bottomed out and bent up my exhaust. I took it to the muffler shop to get it fixed and he offered to take off the muffler for cheap. I've been meaning to do something to the exhaust for a while now. I have a buddy with a Camaro RS fully straight piped always giving me a hard time about my car not being as loud as his. So I went through with it and got them removed (and kept the resonators on). I like the sound at idle and until about 3k rpm, it sounds great. When I pass 3k rpm it doesn't sound as good, in my opinion. I know the V6 will never sound as good as the V8, but I'm curious what else people have done to their V6s to make them sound good? Would taking the resonators off sound better or maybe getting an aftermarket resonator? I'm trying to keep the price down, so preferable no full cat backs. Sorry for beating a dead horse.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
21,561 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
another option is to get the take-offs from someone with a R/T or SRT that upgraded. all you need is an adapter due to the size difference, the hanger on the left side and either a r/t rear valance... or trim yours. the v8 exhaust gives it a better sound, but not as loud. the 3.5 always sounded buzzy to me. the 3.6 seems like a howling sound.

i had a 2010 SE and thst was the route i was going to take before we had to trade it in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts