Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting street racing comparison of three Chargers with the 3.6, 5.7 and 6.4 engines.

As expected, from a rolling start, the 6.4 easily beats a slightly modded 5.7. Similarly, the 5.7 easily beats the 3.6.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Interesting street racing comparison of three Chargers with the 3.6, 5.7 and 6.4 engines.

As expected, from a rolling start, the 6.4 easily beats a slightly modded 5.7. Similarly, the 5.7 easily beats the 3.6.

Interesting to see them compared.

Might be off topic
I wonder why people race when they know the trim levels and the specifications on the cars already and go in a straight line? I guess if it's really heavily modded and a mystery so it's more evenly powered. Unless it's evenly matched or require some level of skill with the manual and maneuvering through a tough course i'm confused why bother. I always seem to get challenged by infinitis and nissans when I know if it's stock they wouldn't stand a chance. I just ignore them or even if i'm not racing them they think i'm challenging them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I live in a small town (40 000 people) and when i stop at a red light with my rt, half the time the person next to me goes crazy and smash it to the ground. At first i tought it was my imagination but when i have people with me, they notice too. Heck, the other day i even had this guy with his family in his grand caravan who thought he was on a drag track.

·
Premium Member
9,453 Posts
I live in a small town (40 000 people) and when i stop at a red light with my rt, half the time the person next to me goes crazy and smash it to the ground. At first i tought it was my imagination but when i have people with me, they notice too. Heck, the other day i even had this guy with his family in his grand caravan who thought he was on a drag track.
Unless there is a substantial gain, why bother. That’s usually when you get caught racing as you didn’t scan the surroundings for a cop.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,570 Posts
My math

3.6L 305HP
5.7L adds 2.1L for only 70HP gain
6.4L adds only .7L and gains 110 HP

So add that last .7L to the 3.6L and get 415HP! That's how math works...right?

But honestly, for the 392 to only add 47ci and gain 110HP, there be engineering present son!

A Guy

Reactions: 1973Cuda

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
My math

3.6L 305HP
5.7L adds 2.1L for only 70HP gain
6.4L adds only .7L and gains 110 HP

So add that last .7L to the 3.6L and get 415HP! That's how math works...right?

But honestly, for the 392 to only add 47ci and gain 110HP, there be engineering present son!

A Guy
That is what bumping up compression ratio, more aggressive cam and SRV will do...lets you run and keep making power up to 6400 rpm as opposed to 5700 rpm to boot. HP might not be much gained from the 3.6 to the 5.7 but the torque gain is 142 lb-ft...that is noticeable.

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
177 Posts
Off topic but... 40k is a small town??? My hometown was less than 5k. My current city is 20k and basically a metropolis to me lol.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
I don't go by population anymore but spacing of stoplights. The area I live in has them spaced like mailboxes so everyone is hammering the throttle in hopes they make it to the next light without it turning red.

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
177 Posts
Interesting. My hometown didn't have stoplights either. Lol. I also didn't have a scat pack back then.... 🤔

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
Suppose that means I need to go back there and play Bo or Luke... Already got the car. Just need a horn upgrade and paint job.
Careful with the paint job though...just read an article where there was talk about removing the confederate flag from the general lee in some car museum.

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
177 Posts
I saw it too. But, said area of the country I grew up would be the people standing out front holding ARs defending the general Lee from defamation.

Also I think I have sufficiently hijacked this thread. Back to your regularly scheduled program.

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
396 Posts
...Also I think I have sufficiently hijacked this thread. Back to your regularly scheduled program.
Wait! Me too!! :rolleyes:

Off topic but... 40k is a small town???...
That is only slightly smaller than my entire county. I can hit my neighbor's barn with a rifle shot, but a pistol would be a challenge for any sort of accuracy. Never heard of a 'zero lot line'. A small town isn't for everyone, but it is for me.

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
177 Posts
Wait! Me too!! :rolleyes:

That is only slightly smaller than my entire county. I can hit my neighbor's barn with a rifle shot, but a pistol would be a challenge for any sort of accuracy. Never heard of a 'zero lot line'. A small town isn't for everyone, but it is for me.
Okanogan County is where I grew up. Largest in the state by area, 41k people. Not where I live currently but not too far off.

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
396 Posts
Okanogan County is where I grew up. Largest in the state by area, 41k people. Not where I live currently but not too far off.
Rural Whatcom County for me - Deming, WA. That was 45 years ago though. Much has changed, I hardly recognize it now.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,570 Posts
It has begun!

Lol

A Guy

Reactions: ChallyTatum

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
177 Posts
Rural Whatcom County for me - Deming, WA. That was 45 years ago though. Much has changed, I hardly recognize it now.
Oroville for me. It's only been ten years since I moved away, but the town is dying. Sad to see but such is life.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Horse Power is used to brag at a bar over beer. It's torque that creates the power to the wheels. If we re-examine the chart posted by member Chally Tatum, we can see that the 6.2L supercharged Hemi is the monster.

In most cases, the challenger by itself gets the attention. Only those who own one know who to stay away from by the badge on the fender.

Besides, leave the street racing for the track; save a life.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts