Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
396 Posts
Nice, but sad. I love that show. It should not be political.
Glad I bought all the episodes on DVD a few years ago. I can see it quietly being pulled from any streaming providers, never to be seen again.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Horse Power is used to brag at a bar over beer. It's torque that creates the power to the wheels. If we re-examine the chart posted by member Chally Tatum, we can see that the 6.2L supercharged Hemi is the monster.

In most cases, the challenger by itself gets the attention. Only those who own one know who to stay away from by the badge on the fender.

Besides, leave the street racing for the track; save a life.
Eh......it's all turning into a big fat, "who cares?"

"stay away?".......some sort of intimidation of a badge on the fender?

Hey, we're already living in a world where no small number of people are driving 4 door, very sedate looking silent sedans can troll anything that was once thought of as FAST. Lot's of owners of all manner of sports cars and Coupes are in for a serious humiliation if they take on the "throw down" and new definition of what we've typically thought of as "quick" acceleration is already here.

Today "boring" is the new fast and I wonder if history isn't repeating itself. I think we may soon look at an awful lot of today's "racy" looking cars in the same way we once looked at the racy looking Trans Ams and other stripe and sticker packaged cars of the late 70s. Soon electric torque is going to be more commonly understood on the street. It's happening pretty quickly now as prices are falling on battery tech and the cars themselves are becoming more competitive on price with ICE cars.

One look a drag race on the track between a supercharged Corvette or Hell Cat vs a Tesla reveals how bad it is for our cars on the street.

When two cars cross the line at the end of a 1/4 mile with relatively close times yet one car posts a far higher MPH........that car was playing catch up for no small part of the race after surrendering many car lengths early on.

You stated CORRECTLY about how "TORQUE" wins races and this is where ICE just gets crushed by EVs.

If you've got enough road and the STONES required to risk your license on the way to speeds that will get you sent directly to jail you might win a street race or at least catch up and not embarrass yourself too badly. How-ever in every day acceleration on the street to speeds under 100MPH. It's game over for any Challenger/Charger with any engine trans combination vs the performance oriented Tesla models.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Glad I bought all the episodes on DVD a few years ago. I can see it quietly being pulled from any streaming providers, never to be seen again.
I think they already did long before the latest movement.

Just want to make one more comment. Aside from destroying 200 Chargers in making the reboot movie, I was disappointed with the direction of the movie.

Uncle Jesse was the patriarch of the family. In the re-boot movie, they made him sort of like a dirty old man. I never felt the show disrespected anyone. IMO, it was a wholesome family show.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
I think you can still by all seasons for anywhere between $70 to $140...i'm half temped. Daisy was a sweety!

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
396 Posts
...Uncle Jesse was the patriarch of the family. In the re-boot movie, they made him sort of like a dirty old man. I never felt the show disrespected anyone. IMO, it was a wholesome family show.
Cheesy, corny, just like every other TV show us GenX'rs grew up with. Goofy shennigans, two chases, one jump, and at least one good look at Daisy per show. However, the show always had a moral center. Uncle Jesse was the keeper of that moral compass. I agree, Willy Nelson didn't do the character justice in the movies.

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
1,991 Posts
The one thing that I thought looked good on the Dukes Charger was Daisy Duke.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,570 Posts
Never watched it, but am certainly aware of it. Erasing a show from the 80's just because of the confederate flag on the car is a bit much. I think Black people are like, this is what you do? We want equality, not Aunt Jemima gone, sheesh

A Guy

Reactions: vpzyck

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
That is what bumping up compression ratio, more aggressive cam and SRV will do...lets you run and keep making power up to 6400 rpm as opposed to 5700 rpm to boot. HP might not be much gained from the 3.6 to the 5.7 but the torque gain is 142 lb-ft...that is noticeable.

View attachment 997620
Agreed, the torque is the real separation between the two.. Torque is the work a HP is how fast you can make it work.. So 142tq 70 hp faster... 6.4 has 65 more tq and 100hp over the 5.7 and that is pretty noticeable.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

21 - 30 of 30 Posts