Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has the bought the Mopar stage 2 camshaft from mopar it states it fits the v6 challenger and charger and im afraid to take the risk on buying it since there no other information on it

Thank you

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
1,431 Posts

I was wondering if anyone has the bought the Mopar stage 2 camshaft from mopar it states it fits the v6 challenger and charger and im afraid to take the risk on buying it since there no other information on it

Thank you
BTW a 3.6 is a Dual Over Head Cam Engine not a Single Cam Engine.

About the Pentastar Engine

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,120 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) The 3.6L has DOHCs, so 4 cams total, no known performance cams off the shelf, by anyone. Can you link us to where this cam says it fits the 3.6L?

In any case, it does not

A Guy

Reactions: theblaisez24

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

BTW a 3.6 is a Dual Over Head Cam Engine not a Single Cam Engine.

About the Pentastar Engine

I know its a 4 cam engine i was asking if anyone has actually cammed the 3.6 i know they cammed the 3.5

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
The cams for a DOCH each side has an Intake Cam and Exhaust Cam, Melling makes an OEM Replacement Kit but not High Performance

The 3.5L is a different creature its a single Cam Engine!!! also the Head and Exhaust Manifold are separate so they are easier to modify.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The cams for a DOCH each side has an Intake Cam and Exhaust Cam, Melling makes an OEM Replacement Kit but not High Performance

The 3.5L is a different creature its a single Cam Engine!!! also the Head and Exhaust Manifold are separate so they are easier to modify.
I know all this information but i was asking about the mopar stage 2 performance cam that apparently fits the 3.6 v6
https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-performance-camshaft-with-phase-limiter-p5160018

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
What is being said is this simple there is no way the same cam will be that universal for 6 and 8, the number of lobes for intake and exhaust per cylinder will not match up so no way is it really compatible. That is a TYPO apparently its a screwup has to be. The Heads are not gonna line up so how would you expect that to even mount ? Pentastar Head Below....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is being said is this simple there is no way the same cam will be that universal for 6 and 8, the number of lobes for intake and exhaust per cylinder will not match up so no way is it really compatible. That is a TYPO has to be. The Heads are not gonna line up so how would you expect that to even mount ? Pentastar Head Below....

View attachment 1021498
I know all that information too i know they shouldn't fit its a shorter block compared to the v8 but how can they have a typo pretty sure they would have noticed this weeks ago when i first found it not sure if you have to ask for that specific engine or not i know mopar gives out information for the cam to be improved, and i know people have improved the cam but never posted their progress after the cam

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Not trying to make this into an Argument out of an apparent Mistake in the Listing! NO it will not work No it is not Compatible if you doubt facts then purchase 4 of them and if it works let us know!!! There can be custom grinds applied to new cams but NO ONE offers Any HP Cam upgrade for a 3.6.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not trying to make this into an Argument out of an apparent Mistake in the Listing! NO it will not work No it is not Compatible if you doubt facts then purchase 4 of them and if it works let us know!!!
I wont purchase it just bc it is expensive cam i will mostly likely call since if i purchase i might not get my money back, when i first saw i did feel like it could be a mistake but its been there for months so might aswell try maybe its just a separate part for it

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Perhaps a message to them will get the listing addressed for in accuracy and no one has bothered yet to let them know the obvious mistake they made.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,120 Posts
It's likely the same on all Mopar sites. They just spray what models it will fit. I can say with 100% certainty it will not fit

A Guy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Perhaps a message to them will get the listing addressed for in accuracy and no one has bothered yet to let them know the obvious mistake they made.
It's likely the same on all Mopar sites. They just spray what models it will fit. I can say with 100% certainty it will not fit

A Guy
I know it fits most engines like the 6.1 and 5.7 have similar parts and the 6.4 is included in other parts but you guys might be right i did send them a message hopefully they reply with any information

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,120 Posts
There is no might. If nothing else, as mentioned it's for a engine with 8 cylinders...that alone will tell you it won't fit the V6. And we certainly are aware that there are no performance cams for the V6 unless you have them custom ground

A Guy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There is no might. If nothing else, as mentioned it's for a engine with 8 cylinders...that alone will tell you it won't fit the V6. And we certainly are aware that there are no performance cams for the V6 unless you have them custom ground

A Guy
When they do respond i will ask for the information to regrind the cam i know that nobody has posted it i really wished they made a performance cam they made a CAI, qnd lowering spring why not do the cam

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,120 Posts
Prodigy might be who you'd want to talk to. Ask if they have plans to offer cams. Also ask why they don't now. I suspect it's because of the need for 4 cams and the very, very limited market. Who wants to spend $5k to ??? just for cams? A cam company can custom grind stock cams, but you'd likely have to supply the specs

A Guy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Prodigy might be who you'd want to talk to. Ask if they have plans to offer cams. Also ask why they don't now. I suspect it's because of the need for 4 cams and the very, very limited market. Who wants to spend $5k to ??? just for cams? A cam company can custom grind stock cams, but you'd likely have to supply the specs

A Guy
Yeah im not looking into spending 5k for a cam that most likely add only 10 to 20 hp id rather get the custom grind i guess ill ask for the specs then thank you

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,120 Posts
Go straight to the RIPP supercharger. No internal engine changes and you'll get 450+HP straight off the bat

A Guy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Go straight to the RIPP supercharger. No internal engine changes and you'll get 450+HP straight off the bat

A Guy
From what i heard it is the best choice for horsepower i was planning on going FBO before a supercharger so i can at least see how much power i could gain compared to RIPP which i know ripp still would have more power but worth the shot "of Nitrous"🙂

1 - 20 of 23 Posts