Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 challenger sxt v6. Looking to change the mufflers. I don’t know which mufflers to go with. I am wanting a deep rumble at idle and cruising speeds but screams when you really get on it. Also wanting to keep the drone noise down as much as possible to still be able to hear the radio and the Phone. I plan on keeping the resonators on. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
10,176 Posts
Check out the catbacks we have available for your SXT:

There are a lot of videos on YouTube to help hear what they sound like installed, though sometimes it is hard to gauge. All of the options provided in the link above have been very popular.

- Alexis

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I have watched a lot of the videos with different setups. I don’t want to have the drone noise in the cab but still have the deep rumble on idle and scream when punched. I guess I just need to know what mufflers to get and keep the resonators on

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,703 Posts
Deep rumble on idle is more a V8 thing. You'll hear it on a cold start, not so much after that. Any time you accelerate you hear it, and when you go WOT it screams ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah true. I was just curious on which mufflers sound the best. I was thinking either the Cherry Bomb Vortex or something in a Flowmaster.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
When it comes to info on exhaust mods for the v6, it's best to search the SXT threads as any advise you get from a v8 owner will not apply; most exhaust mods on the Hemis are an improvement, whereas most exhaust mods on the v6 (3.5 or 3.6) are problematic. That said, I've seen most v6 owners who mod parts of the exhaust system (removing and/or replacing the resonators and/or mufflers) end up doing multiple exhaust mods from trial and error - and often waste time and money trying to get the right results. Remember, loud isn't better if it sounds bad. That is why I'd suggest a catback system. I'm pleased with my Flowmaster American Thunder catback, but that is not available for the 2014, so I'd suggest the Solo catback; many members here have it and are pleased with it - sounds good and no drone. Costs about 800 clams, but you'd be hard pressed to find someone that went that route and wasn't pleased. And if you try experimenting like I explained earlier, you may end up spending close to that at the end.

·
Registered
2019 AWD SXT +
359 Posts
See if any of this is to your liking without going with a whole catback setup. Not mine but know the person who ran these and they won't have any discernible drone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought about trying electric cutouts. That way I could run open exhaust and if I didn’t like it just close them off back to stock sound.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts