Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 challenger sxt v6. Looking to change the mufflers. I don’t know which mufflers to go with. I am wanting a deep rumble at idle and cruising speeds but screams when you really get on it. Also wanting to keep the drone noise down as much as possible to still be able to hear the radio and the Phone. I plan on keeping the resonators on. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
10,007 Posts
Check out the catbacks we have available for your SXT:

There are a lot of videos on YouTube to help hear what they sound like installed, though sometimes it is hard to gauge. All of the options provided in the link above have been very popular.

- Alexis

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I have watched a lot of the videos with different setups. I don’t want to have the drone noise in the cab but still have the deep rumble on idle and scream when punched. I guess I just need to know what mufflers to get and keep the resonators on

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,710 Posts
Deep rumble on idle is more a V8 thing. You'll hear it on a cold start, not so much after that. Any time you accelerate you hear it, and when you go WOT it screams ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah true. I was just curious on which mufflers sound the best. I was thinking either the Cherry Bomb Vortex or something in a Flowmaster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts