Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am brand new challenger owner, i used to own 2017 s 63 amg with 625hp/ 700+ torque and due to financial crisis i had to sell it and after months i finally settled with the v6 challenger and its my daily commute everywhere. we all know the 3.6L challenger on stock will never feel the same as amg. so my question is what or who does the best tunes and upgrades for 2019 sxt awd or provides the whole performance kit? i have heard about ripp superchargers but are their any other brands or suggestion? my budget is around 10k including cat back and i was hoping to get atleast 500whp if possible. i live in denver, colorado if anyone knows place around here that will be even better. thank you

·
Registered
371 Posts
So you bought a v6 Challenger, yet have a $10k budget to FI it? Why didn't you just buy an R/T? The MSRP for an R/T is literally $38,000 on average. How about a scat pack? The MSRP is around $45,000 on average, but with the current $10/hp rebate, it would cost you nearly the same as an R/T with some haggling.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you bought a v6 Challenger, yet have a $10k budget to FI it? Why didn't you just buy an R/T? The MSRP for an R/T is literally $38,000 on average. How about a scat pack? The MSRP is around $45,000 on average, but with the current $10/hp rebate, it would cost you nearly the same as an R/T with some haggling.
i would have loved to own r/t, but since i live in colorado (it snows alot during winter) i went for awd. on top this is my only vehicle

·
Registered
4,868 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
500WHP from a 3.6...I think Sprintex SC advertised 360RWHP (stock was quoted as 246RWHP).

thats awesome information thanks imma have to look into it further
but i think ripp supercharger quoted the awd at 400+ rwhp

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
HP depends on boost level. Still, 500WHP out of a 3.6...that's double it's current power output. I would be concerned about the stock rotating assembly...not to mention the AWD transfer case. But my 3.6 power bolt-on kung fu is weak.

·
Registered
912 Posts
HP depends on boost level. Still, 500WHP out of a 3.6...that's double it's current power output. I would be concerned about the stock rotating assembly...not to mention the AWD transfer case. But my 3.6 power bolt-on kung fu is weak.
Yeah OP if thats your goal, i would say save up for a SRT JEEP

You are probably going to have to pull apart the motor to keep her reliable at that kind of power level

·
Super Moderator
12,495 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats true, i see what you mean
what if i forced i

RIPP videos

A Guy
hell ya they sound legit, about to order one of these for sure not sure supercharged or twin turbo tho

·
Super Moderator
12,495 Posts
The 3.6 is plenty stout, and designed to be twin turboed from what I have read. It is an open deck design, although Prodigy does make a part for that .

6 bolt cross threaded mains, cast aluminum pistons with full floating pins (made by Mahle I believe), forged steel connecting rods, nodular iron rolled fillet crankshaft, windage tray, piston oil squirters, die-cast aluminum deep-skirt block, chain driven cams and oil pump.

When it was designed, test engines were sent to Roush Industries (which prepped the Challenger drag cars), and more than 12 million customer equivalent miles were logged on dynos. Will it stand up to all that HP over time?

A Guy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
A Guy
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing