Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2011 Challenger RT. It has 3 inch SRT Kooks Long Tube Headers and 3 inch Kooks green high flow cats. I currently have magnaflow street series SRT 3 inch exhaust installed, but I purchased Borla Atak 2.5 Inch RT exhaust. I tried to install it myself, because I don't like the tone of the Magnaflow. However, It didn't line up and couldn't be done without putting a reducer which I would need a muffler shop to do and weld. I was wondering if this would be a good idea? Would going from 3 inch headers and cats to 2.5 inch exhaust cause any loss of torque or anything? Would I be better off getting a srt exhaust that matches my srt cats or would there be no issues performance wise going from 3 inch to 2.5 inch? Please let me know and thank you

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
So i have a similar scenario on my car

I have 392 headers that go 3” — to solo 3” high flow cats—-3” to 2.5” reducer——-solo catback 2.5”

I definitely did not feel any torque loss and for the amount of power our cars make 2.5” still can support more headroom .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think I should do the same? Or would having 3 inch to 3 inch be better than 3 inch to 2.5?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Do you think I should do the same? Or would having 3 inch to 3 inch be better than 3 inch to 2.5?
I dont think you are hurting anything either way you go

Eventually when i re-do my exhaust im going to have 2.75” piping off the 3” header. If the factory does it, i dont see anything wrong

The reason i do so i should add is because i did not want a loud, drone-y exhaust.
Dont worry about robbing yourself of horse power, u less you plan on super charging it then ya, go full 3”

1 - 4 of 4 Posts