Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 117 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #41
id shop around some, there is huge markup in ppf and ceramic, especially on a factory new car that requires less prep

the shop i had quote me does high end cars four times the price of my scat and is around 2200 including tinting the windows with what i discussed above.

i also ordered the swaim rock guards and the zl1 side splitters..im planning on trailering the car to them for a final quote once it arrives.
Thanks. Unfortunately, there is only one shop in town I will trust it too. But the owner is a great guy. I will call him today and see what he recommends. I did some price matching and his cost is in line with the national average and he does amazing work.

Congratulations on the new member to your family! Looks great! Enjoy!!!
Yeah, and a new member to the Mopar family, me! My first Mopar! I feel like a kid at Christmas! 馃巺馃巹

Reactions: Moparrebel

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #44
Oh my gosh! She's gorgious! I told you it would look REGAL! Super nice - Love it. (a llittle jealous).
Thanks Direct. Yeah even dirty it's awesome. Can't wait to see it after the detail shop gets done with it. More pics then! :D

Premium Member
That baby was born with a stick! .... er, ah, ...You ?do? know how to drive it, right? HAHHAHAHHA I mean DRIVE IT!
Get rid of that clutch restrictor valve as fast as you can! It's there for people who DON'T know how to drive a stick.
You will love the responsiveness MUCH more.
Oh, and put a Barton shifter in it, or any SHORT throw shifter. Mine came with the Mopar short throw, but I know the "standard" shifter is kind'a sloppy. [ Rowing through the stock shifter mechanism is like moving between states.]

Altering the shifter mechanism and the restrictor valve would be my FIRST mod!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #46
That baby was born with a stick! .... er, ah, ...You ?do? know how to drive it, right? HAHHAHAHHA I mean DRIVE IT!
Get rid of that clutch restrictor valve as fast as you can! It's there for people who DON'T know how to drive a stick.
You will love the responsiveness MUCH more.
Oh, and put a Barton shifter in it, or any SHORT throw shifter. Mine came with the Mopar short throw, but I know the "standard" shifter is kind'a sloppy. [ Rowing through the stock shifter mechanism is like moving between states.]

Altering the shifter mechanism and the restrictor valve would be my FIRST mod!
Yeah, already have the appointment to have the mids deleted and Dynamax Mini Race bullets installed. Also, clutch delay valve goes bye bye and shift skip eliminator installed. Would love to add the Barton but I saw a post where a dealer voided a guy's tranny warranty for adding one. And yes, I can drive a stick! The Scat I test drove at the dealership had the M6 and I scared the hell out of the poor sales guy running though the gears. Sooooo fun!

Premium Member
Would love to add the Barton but I saw a post where a dealer voided a guy's tranny warranty for adding one. And yes, I can drive a stick!
I know you can. It was a dig :) to a new daddy.

But as for voiding a warranty over a short throw - says all you need to know about the "intelligence/Competence" of Mopar Tech Managers. They clearly have no understanding of what constitutes the workings of a transmission... the shifter is just a means to that end, not the end itself. Dumb asses! they are.

Bet ! .. .let's see how long you can tolerate that shifter mechanism? Clock starts now.....

Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
Thanks Klink, yes so glad I risked it and went for the Red interior! It should make it an unusual car. Don't think may people will order one this way. I love it! :love:
It would be interesting to have @PLMCRZY run a configuration tree on your car after the 2021 model year comes to a close. I鈥檓 sure it will be a verrrrrrrry unique ride.

Reactions: Klink

Premium Member
Yes, I share your concern. Also budget restrictions. Right now I've just ordered the fender flares PPF'd. But since I got the 1K Bonus Cash, I can do a little more. With just 1k or so to spend what would suggestions be for additional PPF? Would like to get the front clip done but that adds $2100, a little out of my reach.
$2100 for PPF? No way. I'm in Portland, my local shop did a tint and PPF for about $800, for the front fascia and fronts of all 4 fender flares. I'd shop around.
Also, add PPF to the front of the front flares, they will take a beating too, they are the firstest wide point on the car.
I also added the Zl1 Addons Side Skirts and Rock Guards for max protection.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #50
It would be interesting to have @PLMCRZY run a configuration tree on your car after the 2021 model year comes to a close. I鈥檓 sure it will be a verrrrrrrry unique ride.
Yeah, you are so right. That's already on my bucket list!

$2100 for PPF? No way. I'm in Portland, my local shop did a tint and PPF for about $800, for the front fascia and fronts of all 4 fender flares. I'd shop around.
Also, add PPF to the front of the front flares, they will take a beating too, they are the firstest wide point on the car.
I also added the Zl1 Addons Side Skirts and Rock Guards for max protection.

View attachment 1017587
I will look into it. Someone here told me that just for the whole front end Expel Ultimate film kit it was around 2k and that for that film his price is reasonable. Like I said earlier though, this shop is the only real game in town so my choices are pretty limited. I don't understand why the front is so high too. He's doing all 4 flares with full coverage for $400 and the vulnerable parts of the 1/4 panels up to the body line for $250 more. Maybe he's talking about the whole front end? I will ask him again.

I know you can. It was a dig :) to a new daddy.

But as for voiding a warranty over a short throw - says all you need to know about the "intelligence/Competence" of Mopar Tech Managers. They clearly have no understanding of what constitutes the workings of a transmission... the shifter is just a means to that end, not the end itself. Dumb asses! they are.

Bet ! .. .let's see how long you can tolerate that shifter mechanism? Clock starts now.....
I am going to ask the dealer where I bought it if I can add the Barton and see what he says. Can't hurt!

Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
The stock shifter has WAY better chance of hurt the trans then ANY aftermarket shifter..............

The barton is not cheap, best mod for my low mile never been hurt transmission...........

BTW the trans the shifter SITS on top rear of the trans, never do U open it up like a old t-5-T45 trans...................

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #52
The stock shifter has WAY better chance of hurt the trans then ANY aftermarket shifter..............

The barton is not cheap, best mod for my low mile never been hurt transmission...........

BTW the trans the shifter SITS on top rear of the trans, never do U open it up like a old t-5-T45 trans...................
Thanks for the info. The dealer owner is a pretty decent guy. Small town dealership. I'll post what his response is. Unfortunately business and logic don't always go hand in hand! :cautious:

Premium Member
SKT PK 9 Man, for what it's worth... my car came with the MOPAR short throw shifter boxed n the trunk when the car was delivered. I think it is REALLY a HURST short throw shifter, just branded MOPAR. When I got my car "prepped" they put it on. If they can do that, then I am sure they can do it for you - and not void the warranty. - Later, I had the BARTON shifter installed when my drivetrain was redone - but honestly, I don't feel a difference.

Void the warranty my a$$ They don't know what they are talking about. It's just an excuse, I am certain.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited by Moderator)
SKT PK 9 Man, for what it's worth... my car came with the MOPAR short throw shifter boxed n the trunk when the car was delivered. I think it is REALLY a HURST short throw shifter, just branded MOPAR. When I got my car "prepped" they put it on. If they can do that, then I am sure they can do it for you - and not void the warranty. - Later, I had the BARTON shifter installed when my drivetrain was redone - but honestly, I don't feel a difference.

Void the warranty my a$$ They don't know what they are talking about. It's just an excuse, I am certain.
I wasn't aware you could get a short throw shifter from Mopar (Hurst). Of course that would not create any warranty issues. I will definitely look into that! Just don't want to get in a "pissin" contest with the dealership.Thanks!

Can't find anything online about it. You don't have a website or link do you?

Premium Member
I wasn't aware you could get a short throw shifter from Mopar (Hurst). Of course that would not create any warranty issues. I will definitely look into that! Just don't want to get in a "pissin" contest with the dealership.Thanks!
I can go look and see what the part number is.. I think I may still have the box (I'm a hoarder like that). I don't know how my cousin did it, but the trunk was packed with stuff like this. - All "Mopar Bucks" I think.

Registered
There was a Mopar accessory short shifter for the early cars that came with a pistol grip. I had one in my 09.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #58
WOW!!!!!

Congrats. I loved the exterior color and then scrolled and my jaw dropped......... LOVE the color combo. It's all like a piece of candy that get even better on the inside. Enjoy!

- Alexis
Thanks Alexis! Yeah, I'm VERY happy with the way it looks. I actually love candy colors, that's why I ordered it that way. Sounds like I achieved my objective! lol Can't wait to get it back after the shops are done with it. Question, I want a short throw shifter for it but don't want to get in trouble with Dodge on my warranty. On another thread it was brought up you can get one made (authorized) by Mopar but I can't find any info on it. Any ideas? Thanks again!

Premium Member
Now someone needs to order one with that caramel interior with the Indigo Blue paint. That would look delicious.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #60
Now someone needs to order one with that caramel interior with the Indigo Blue paint. That would look delicious.
Couldn't agree more. That was my wife's vote and it would be an awesome combo. That's basically the color combo of my Firehawk #155.

41 - 60 of 117 Posts