Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
$2100 for PPF? No way. I'm in Portland, my local shop did a tint and PPF for about $800, for the front fascia and fronts of all 4 fender flares. I'd shop around.
Also, add PPF to the front of the front flares, they will take a beating too, they are the firstest wide point on the car.
I also added the Zl1 Addons Side Skirts and Rock Guards for max protection.

View attachment 1017587
Man, I love what I learn on this Forum. You were 100% correct. Called the shop and spoke with the owner again. $2100 was for everything from the doors forward. He will do the whole front cap for $600 extra. Still a little high but he uses the best film you can get. So, I added that to my work order. Thanks soooooo much!!!! ;)(y)

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T Shaker • F8 Green • 5.7 Liter Hemi • 6 Speed Manual
56 Posts
$2100 for PPF? No way. I'm in Portland, my local shop did a tint and PPF for about $800, for the front fascia and fronts of all 4 fender flares. I'd shop around.
Also, add PPF to the front of the front flares, they will take a beating too, they are the firstest wide point on the car.
I also added the Zl1 Addons Side Skirts and Rock Guards for max protection.

View attachment 1017587
I'm also in Portland (Beaverton). My regular guy (Fresh Start Detail) wants all outdoors for an opti-coat pro treatment. I love the guy but his prices have gotten insane in recent years. Who are you using? The delivery of my shaker is about two months out so I still have time to plan. Also interested in finding a good independent shop as I am less than impressed with the two dealers that are closest to me. Please also PM me in case I miss your response in this thread. Much obliged!

Man, I love what I learn on this Forum. You were 100% correct. Called the shop and spoke with the owner again. $2100 was for everything from the doors forward. He will do the whole front cap for $600 extra. Still a little high but he uses the best film you can get. So, I added that to my work order. Thanks soooooo much!!!! ;)(y)
I hope you'll open up a new thread to talk about your early experiences with your new ride. I'm especially interested in any findings or non-issues with commonly reported issues on things like 1st to 2nd gear grinding, lifter noise and things along those line. Gorgeous car! ...even dirty :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
SKT, any concerns on placing ppf or ceramic on basically new paint, i have been told to wait a min of 45 days for the paint to fully cure by one shop and another says factory paint can take the application with zero wait.. curious as to what your guy says as with these ordered cars they have not been sitting around a dealer waiting to sell. of course with yours sitting at the train station for 2 weeks that helps get it to the 45 day window

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,558 Posts
Factory paint is baked to cure. You can go straight to detailing

A Guy

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I felt compelled to circle back and look at that gorgeous color combo again. It's just looks stunning! ... And you had doubts?!? Seriously? Whoa.
HaHa! Yeah, just because my wife kept telling me I was krazy. Even she liked it in person though. Detail shop picked it up at the dealer yesterday. After they are done working their magic (to the tune of 3K!) They will do a professional photo shoot of it (included in the price). Can't wait to see it and post some pics!

I'm also in Portland (Beaverton). My regular guy (Fresh Start Detail) wants all outdoors for an opti-coat pro treatment. I love the guy but his prices have gotten insane in recent years. Who are you using? The delivery of my shaker is about two months out so I still have time to plan. Also interested in finding a good independent shop as I am less than impressed with the two dealers that are closest to me. Please also PM me in case I miss your response in this thread. Much obliged!

I hope you'll open up a new thread to talk about your early experiences with your new ride. I'm especially interested in any findings or non-issues with commonly reported issues on things like 1st to 2nd gear grinding, lifter noise and things along those line. Gorgeous car! ...even dirty :)
Man you read my mind! Already on my bucket list. Can't wait to report how things go with my first Mopar. I will bring it all, good and (if any) the not so good. As long as I keep it shiny side up, I will be happy. Should have it back from the detail shop/performance center within 2 weeks.

SKT, any concerns on placing ppf or ceramic on basically new paint, i have been told to wait a min of 45 days for the paint to fully cure by one shop and another says factory paint can take the application with zero wait.. curious as to what your guy says as with these ordered cars they have not been sitting around a dealer waiting to sell. of course with yours sitting at the train station for 2 weeks that helps get it to the 45 day window
Great question! My detailer is very experienced and respected here (does the work for all the new car dealerships in town). So, I trust his judgement. He said that as long as you will pay for a full surface prep ($400) before he applies the PPF and ceramic, there is no problem. He actually prefers to work on a factory fresh car. He was adamant that the dealer not touch the car in any way! Inside or out. Here is a picture of a new Hellraisin he just did he sent me as a sample of his work. He picked up my car yesterday (pic of that too). Can't wait! :p
Hellraisin.jpg
pick up!.jpg

Factory paint is baked to cure. You can go straight to detailing

A Guy
Yes, that is also what my detailer said. But he also said baking (he called "forced curing") also causes paint flaw inclusions (orange peel, etc) that he needs to remove for optimum results, hence the "full surface prep" he recommends.

Reactions: DirectConnection

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
Yes, that is also what my detailer said. But he also said baking (he called "forced curing") also causes paint flaw inclusions (orange peel, etc) that he needs to remove for optimum results, hence the "full surface prep" he recommends.
I guess a detailer might notice something but there's almost no orange peel on these cars at all and the paint quality imho, has never been better.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I guess a detailer might notice something but there's almost no orange peel on these cars at all and the paint quality imho, has never been better.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Yeah, this guy is a perfectionist. He's probably cleaning up stuff I would never notice. I thought about that. But I've seen his work and it speaks for itself. So I decided to grant him some "artistic license". He knows his business. That's what I'm paying him for. Plus after a long career in sales/service I know that when an unknowing customer starts running the show, things can go awry pretty quickly. Hire skilled professionals and get the hell out of their way!

·
Registered
108 Posts
love the car, please tell me you are taking the yellow air dam guard off:):). A challenger passed by me today with them still on, looked like a clown car in hellrasin with a yellow chin guard.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
love the car, please tell me you are taking the yellow air dam guard off:):). A challenger passed by me today with them still on, looked like a clown car in hellrasin with a yellow chin guard.
Hell yes! Would've already been off at the dealer but the detail shop told them to leave it on and they will remove it. Bye! Since so many people obviously like them (no accounting for taste!). I wonder what I could get for it on Amazon? HAHA :sneaky:

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I wasn't aware you could get a short throw shifter from Mopar (Hurst). Of course that would not create any warranty issues. I will definitely look into that! Just don't want to get in a "pissin" contest with the dealership.Thanks!

Can't find anything online about it. You don't have a website or link do you?
I just looked at my build sheet. It says CODE: XE6A and Description: "Hurst Shifter". So, it's on my build sheet. The box has MOPAR on it, but it is the HURST part number. (You of course will need the 2015-current). Mine is the 2008-2014 short throw.

So it WON"T VOID THE WARRANTY!!! .... and the second your hand moves that (current) shifter, if you don't vomit in your new car, it will be a miracle. You will immediately park it, order the short throw, and that ... with a couple of beers will be a weekend project erasing that horrible memory of an original mopar shifter.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I just looked at my build sheet. It says CODE: XE6A and Description: "Hurst Shifter". So, it's on my build sheet. The box has MOPAR on it, but it is the HURST part number. (You of course will need the 2015-current). Mine is the 2008-2014 short throw.

So it WON"T VOID THE WARRANTY!!! .... and the second your hand moves that (current) shifter, if you don't vomit in your new car, it will be a miracle. You will immediately park it, order the short throw, and that ... with a couple of beers will be a weekend project erasing that horrible memory of an original mopar shifter.
Here it is, Can't find one with Mopar on it but this is it. Will talk to my dealer about it and start saving!

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
SKT PK ... and it's super easy to install. You have to hold you breath though as you take your console apart. It snaps apart and back together again.. Most importantly - use a PLASTIC knife when you pry up the shift boot.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
This is over by Sunset High School. Great guys who do mostly high end cars.

·
Registered
108 Posts
any update on the mini race bullets? im wondering how much of a difference they make with everything else the same? or are you modifying the active exhaust?

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
any update on the mini race bullets? im wondering how much of a difference they make with everything else the same? or are you modifying the active exhaust?
Yes, still plan on adding the Bullets'. But I have to find a dealer that will work with me on it. As posted in another thread, the dealer Service Manager where I bought the car is threatening to void my power train warranty if I put them on. Going to visit more dealers as soon as I get my car. Still in the detail shop. Was supposed to be done last week but didn't hear from them. This week hopefully.

·
Registered
2018 Billet Silver SRT 392 (1 of 2)
189 Posts
I have no idea what the record is (and if one even exists) but I have to say I'm very impressed that you've posted over 1,100 comments BEFORE you've even gotten your Challenger!

Nice job! 👍 I sure hope you get it soon - you've been very patient! I wonder if your post count will drop dramatically when you finally get it because you'll be out driving it all the time. 😉

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Almost assuredly, yes! ;)

61 - 80 of 117 Posts