Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,032 Posts
Thanks for the info. The dealer owner is a pretty decent guy. Small town dealership. I'll post what his response is. Unfortunately business and logic don't always go hand in hand! :cautious:
Dodge warranties your car not your dealer. Your dealer is like your local Burger King, they gave franchise agreements they must adhere to. Somehow dealers make their own decisions but if some goes south that they said ok to momma Dodge can still deny it.
The Barton shifter is a beautiful work of art, sadly it’s hidden from view when installed.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
One of the best things you can do is build a relationship with your dealer service and parts departments. Not necessarily the selling dealer but that would be more beneficial. "Good customers" have a much better chance at getting "odd" things covered and they also tend to have a much better over-all experience.

This may sound odd, but.......trust me. I spent 37 years in new car dealer fixed-operations.

Reactions: VNT

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Dodge warranties your car not your dealer. Your dealer is like your local Burger King, they gave franchise agreements they must adhere to. Somehow dealers make their own decisions but if some goes south that they said ok to momma Dodge can still deny it.
The Barton shifter is a beautiful work of art, sadly it’s hidden from view when installed.
Oh, I am aware of the technicalities but I don't want to get in a "pissin" contest with the service manager.

One of the best things you can do is build a relationship with your dealer service and parts departments. Not necessarily the selling dealer but that would be more beneficial. "Good customers" have a much better chance at getting "odd" things covered and they also tend to have a much better over-all experience.

This may sound odd, but.......trust me. I spent 37 years in new car dealer fixed-operations.
Good advice, and true! (y)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,558 Posts
I have no idea what the record is (and if one even exists) but I have to say I'm very impressed that you've posted over 1,100 comments BEFORE you've even gotten your Challenger!

Nice job! 👍 I sure hope you get it soon - you've been very patient! I wonder if your post count will drop dramatically when you finally get it because you'll be out driving it all the time. 😉
I've never understood people who post a lot...:rolleyes:

A Guy

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Reactions: VNT and Loopy

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
745 Posts
Congratulations!

That's a great looking Challenger. I wonder which you'll enjoy more ... rowing through the gears or the view of that Shaker

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Congratulations!

That's a great looking Challenger. I wonder which you'll enjoy more ... rowing through the gears or the view of that Shaker
Don't know but a good problem to have, I mean deciding you know! Man I hope this is the week! Sent a text to the detail shop owner today but he hasn't got back with me yet.

·
Registered
108 Posts
im thinking of installing some if you like yours so get after it :) ,i do have some time as i doubt ill do it till over the winter as i can put her up on the hoist and do it myself.

good news is now you will be able to tell us the difference after driving it with the stock exhaust.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
More like what you'll enjoy first... Rowing the gears first then the view of the shaker as your car rumbles down the road 😁
All of the above, and then some I'm sure. Come on car!!! :whistle:

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #92

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,558 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #96

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Will do if it ever gets here. Supposed to be delivered by 5pm today. It's 5 now....nothing.:(
SKT PK are you STILL waiting for you car from the detailer? It seems odd to me they would have it more than a week. They didn't do anything stupid to it? Did they? I mean, have you CHEKCED up on it while at the detail shop? They may be driving it cross country for all you know.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
SKT PK are you STILL waiting for you car from the detailer? It seems odd to me they would have it more than a week. They didn't do anything stupid to it? Did they? I mean, have you CHEKCED up on it while at the detail shop? They may be driving it cross country for all you know.
Yes, I have checked on the progress but without hounding them. They had allot of work to do to it. Was supposed to be deliverer yesterday but the owner called me last night and said he got "swamped" and just couldn't get to it. That triggered a very unpleasant conversation. If you can call me taking him to the woodshed a conversation. Supposed to be delivered between noon and 1 pm today. After last night it is very unlikely he will be late.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,183 Posts
They wrecked it my guess !! ROFL Hate all shops................

81 - 100 of 117 Posts