Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 ScatPack with 80 miles on the car
I see that Dodge has a special where you get 3 Synthetic Oil Changes for $100.
You will need to use the 3 in 2 years of owning the car.Think that should be no Problem
at all..........I know it is not the Ultra Synthetic oil.But thinking it might be good enough.

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
If it doesn't meet the FCA specs, it won't be good enough, and you put your engine warranty at risk.

Use what you're supposed to to keep your warranty valid, if that is important to you.

Reactions: 72/340

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I have a 2020 ScatPack with 80 miles on the car
I see that Dodge has a special where you get 3 Synthetic Oil Changes for $100.
You will need to use the 3 in 2 years of owning the car.Think that should be no Problem
at all..........I know it is not the Ultra Synthetic oil.But thinking it might be good enough.

It mentions right in the coupon details that there are extra charges for HEMI engines - just FYI... Doesn't say how much extra though.

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
That's the same FCA coupon that my dealer sends me.

You have to check what the "full synthetic" is, and if it's the recommended weight and spec for SRT engines.

Yes there's a surcharge for Hemis, but again, not all Hemis use the same spec oil.

Ask them specifically what the charge is for 7 quarts of the SRT oil and the filter.

One can use full synthetic in a 5.7 Hemi, but they won't be putting in the SRT rated full synthetic oil in a 5 7.

Keep us posted what the "special" is for your SP using the correct amount and correct type of oil. It may surprise you.

FYI, you have to use the correct oil, and you have to change it every 6 months or 6k miles, per the FCA maintenance schedule to keep your warranty valid.

·
Super Moderator
14,039 Posts
The fine print on the coupon states the following:

"Additional charges may be applied for engines with oil capacity that exceeds 5 qts, HEMI® engines, synthetic oil and fluid disposal. Includes oil replacement up to 5 qts of synthetic blend oil and oil filter. Fluid level inspection. Valid at participating FCA US LLC dealers only. Not valid with other offers. Customer is responsible for local tax and Shop Supplies fee. Valid for most makes and models."

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
The fine print on the coupon states the following:

"Additional charges may be applied for engines with oil capacity that exceeds 5 qts, HEMI engines, synthetic oil and fluid disposal. Includes oil replacement up to 5 qts of synthetic blend oil and oil filter. Fluid level inspection. Valid at participating FCA US LLC dealers only. Not valid with other offers. Customer is responsible for local tax and Shop Supplies fee. Valid for most makes and models."
There are two different coupons - the coupon he is talking about is the one for 3 oil changes for $100 - it's the "full synthetic" coupon - so it does use full synthetic oil (basically, has the same fine print, but states "full synthetic" instead of "synthetic blend".

However, it doesn't state which full synthetic oil it uses, which matters for certain engines.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will ask Dodge to explain what oil that they will be using when I am ready to change the oil the 1st time in Dec.I feel if its the real deal synthetic oil then $100 for 3 oil changes will be a deal.
Even if they charge me 2qts everytime.
I would think Dodge service dept should be able to explain if the synthetic oil that they use will
be good to use in my Scatpack.........................JT

·
Registered
117 Posts
I agree with the "dealers are incompetent" line, but not all dealers are the same. I got 6 synthetic changes with my Scat Pack Shaker when I bought it. I bought it out of state, but take it to my local dealer for any warranty work and some of my oil changes. I do every other oil change at my buddy's shop with a lift. They let me watch when the dealer does it. They use 7 qts of Pennzoil ultra 0W40 and an SRT filter ( i had to ask for the SRT filter, they were going to use the black one). No charge ever, not even a penny. Three for $100 is a super deal. Just the oil and filter for one change is almost that much unless you can find the $6 or $7 dollar specials (not too often) around here.

·
Registered
14,515 Posts
Just from the sound of it, I would say there is no way in hell that you would get three proper oil changes with the correct Scat Pack oil and filter for $100, the parts alone doing it yourself is more than double that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Last time I bought a Special deal from Dodge was my 2016 5.7 Shaker.
Was able to get 3 Synthetic BLEND for $89 with 3 tire Rotations.
I felt that was a deal just like the $100 deal.......................JT

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
That $100 for three changes will get some folks in.

After the customer pays the $100, says change my oil, pays the upcharge for the 0-40 Pennz that Hemi 392's require, then pays for a filter, they'll leave stunned and pissed, and never use the othet two change coupons.

Moral of the story. The dealer just got a "full boat" oil change and made a few bucks. Lol

Reactions: GSBrockman

·
Registered
117 Posts
didn't read my post i see. My dealer does use the 0W40 penz ultra and a srt filter. No charge and im in and out in 30-45 minutes. Can't do the oil change myself for that price.

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
didn't read my post i see. My dealer does use the 0W40 penz ultra and a srt filter. No charge and im in and out in 30-45 minutes. Can't do the oil change myself for that price.
Yes, and????

·
Registered
117 Posts
You spoke of paying extra for the correct oil and the filter and I had said there was no extra charge for anything.
Thats all :)

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
I was discussing what the coupon that the OP showed.

No mention of the exact cost for the extra charge over 5 quarts or the filter.

The coupon is a corporate promo. At the dealers discretion of what they do or don't charge for the 2 extra quarts of oil and a filter.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't think that after paying the $100 for 3 oil changes that
the local dealer will try and screw you with a cheap filter and cheap oil.
As I said my local dodge dealer charged me $89 for 3 synthetic BLEND oil changes on my 2016 Challenger 5.7 Shaker and I was happy at what I got.....We will see in a few months what Oil and filter they will put in my car for the 1st oil change..I rather get the work done at a Local Dodge dealer then a Tire Store.......JT

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
505 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Honestly, I would do it myself even if it costs me MORE to do it myself. Other people just don't care about your car like you do. They don't care if they under- or over-fill the oil. They don't care if they strip the oil drain plug, they don't care how tight the oil filter is, they don't care what type of oil or oil filter is used, etc...

I'd rather do it myself - period.

If I was physically unable to do it myself, I'd definitely find a local small independent garage to do it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts