Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I agree I was wrong but seems that everyone thinks that they are getting the ULTRA oil for the $100 coupon.
Just got off the phone with the service guy from dodge that has been doing warrenty on my Challengers since 2008.
He told me that the $100 3 oil change is Platinum Full Synthetic 5W30 and Not the Ultra.
Glad that some of you got the Ultra if thats the case lol.................JT

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,686 Posts
Sorry, the Ultra is the only 0W40 available. I've posted several times that I have gotten my oil changed quite a few times using the package deal (now 3 for $100). 7 qts of Ultra 0W40 and a non SRT filter. No charge above the package price.
Mopar does have a 0w-40 full synthetic. I don't know if it is different from the Pennzoil, or just their generic version. I think most dealers just use the actual Pennzoil

Mopar 68171066PA

A Guy

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wouldn't let any dealership top off my radiator, too many idiots work at the dealership and the consumers always overestimate the dealerships workmanship as top Notch.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I agree I was wrong but seems that everyone thinks that they are getting the ULTRA oil for the $100 coupon.
Just got off the phone with the service guy from dodge that has been doing warrenty on my Challengers since 2008.
He told me that the $100 3 oil change is Platinum Full Synthetic 5W30 and Not the Ultra.
Glad that some of you got the Ultra if thats the case lol.................JT
I might be a little confused still. So does that mean that coupon probably won't work for my scatpack since it needs 0W40?

I wouldn't let any dealership top off my radiator, too many idiots work at the dealership and the consumers always overestimate the dealerships workmanship as top Notch.
what fluids do they normally top off? and if you don't top it off do you add your own fluids when low?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
I might be a little confused still. So does that mean that coupon probably won't work for my scatpack since it needs 0W40?
Thats what I first thought when I saw the $100 for 3 Full Synthetic oil changes for my 2020 Scat Pack.
Thought that the oil was going to be used was 0W-40 until I went into the Dodge Mopar Web site and had to put my Vin# in for the Special Deal that Dodge was Offering for my New Scat Pack.It was a Special with 4 Oil Changes with ULTRA oil for $245 good for 2 years
From reading on here some folks said that they got their oil changes with the ULTRA Synthetic with the $100 3 oil change coupon.
But when I called last evening to my Local Dodge dealer and spoken to the Service Manager that has been doing warranty on my past 3 Challengers that I owned since 2009,he said there is a $100 Coupon for 3 Full Synthetic oil changes good for 2 years using Platinum Full Synthetic 5W30 but not able to give me the Ultra Synthetic oil.
So my feeling is that the people that bought the $100 coupon and getting 7 qts of Ultra Synthetic for their Scat Packs I feel are getting a great dealllll.
Myself I rather pay the $245 and not too worry about what blend of oil they are putting in.As for people that would not Let Dodge do a oil change with their cars,calling them Incompetent.
I would rather Trust Dodge then all these Tire and Muffler stores that change oil.Yes doing your own oil is great if you want too buttt feel most would rather let someone else do it............................JT
Updated.....
Go to this site and hit Find A Plan
Put your Vin# Name Mileage and then hit Find A Plan and see what comes up.......https://www.mopar.com/en-us/care/essential-care.html

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I went to the dealership and they said they couldn't pull up the option code 001D0L0 with my Vin# for the $100 for 3 full synthetic oil change. They said that coupon is always there and that expiration date means nothing or something. Maybe that coupon is a pretty frequent thing.

He said however I have an essential care oil change that showed up for my car. Option Code: ECUS23N it's 2 year / 3 oil changes for $185 including taxes and could be used at any Dodge Dealership.

The other option is their own plan dealership plan of $385 for 6 oil changes and 4 tire rotation up $100 from a year or two ago.

Normal oil changes is like $120 or something like that.

I still had $100 credit from them reimbursing me for damage to my vehicle. So I decided to just get the $185 for 3 oil change. Advisor said I could rebuy that 3 for $185 once I use up 3 oil changes. He says people that drive a lot buy that. It's about even or a little cheaper than all the parts I need to do my own oil change. I'll eventually do my own oil change. I think after my warranty ends in 2 years. If there's doing the oil change they could still see if there's anything wrong that's obvious so it could be replaced under warranty. After my extended warranty is over in 2 years i'm on my own so i'll probably be doing my own oil changes at the latest at that time.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts