Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whaddia all think?

The T/A could be a lightweight 3.5 V6, maybe tuned up to 300HP, with a mad Handling Package, or a new, Baby Hemi displacing 260-300 cubic inches, priced to sell to the Kids.

the R/T would get the 6.1 Hemi, loaded with goodies.

The SRT8 Version, well, you know what that one would get. Max Performance hardware galore.

Hmmmm?

LJB;)

·
Registered
492 Posts
The new Dodge 'Challenger' will be available in four different models...

Well, here's my vision:

3.8L HO V6 - 'Challenger S/T' aka 'Sport Touring' edition

5.7L HEMI - 'Challenger T/A'

6.1L 'Super' HEMI - 'Challenger R/T'

6.4L 'Monster' HEMI - 'Challenger SRT-8' aka 'Cuda (special edition)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: The new Dodge 'Challenger' will be available in four different models...

Mr.DJ said:
Well, here's my vision:

3.8L HO V6 - 'Challenger S/T' aka 'Sport Touring' edition

5.7L HEMI - 'Challenger T/A'

6.1L 'Super' HEMI - 'Challenger R/T'

6.4L 'Monster' HEMI - 'Challenger SRT-8' aka 'Cuda (special edition)
Yeah, I thought about a 5.7 Hemi T/A, but, if they build a V6 version (and, they should) I don't think they'll build 3 other ones. I doubt 30,000 or so production rate/year would support 4 Models.

LJB:cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
that's what i thought, maybe the 3 regular, t/a, r/t, srt-8 for a while, then a super special 6.4 L version

it would also be cool if they did a 40th anniversary edition with, like a viper engine or something huge (not really serious just babbling)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Naaa, forget the Viper V10. Nice Motor, but Old Hat. Too Heavy and long.

The new Hemi's the way to go.

LJB:D

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, don't underestimate the importance of the V6 Model, if they get it right.

The V6 Mustang is a pretty souless car, IMHO. A T/A Challenger with a HiPo V6, excellent Brakes and Suspension, etc., would really get the Auto Reviewers on MoPar's side, and they would recommend it over the base Mustang.

Just a little tweaking...Brembos, Nice Manual Trans, decent suspension, and nice colors and graphics, would do it. Something that would NOT be outclassed in appearance and handling by the upper models. The T/A name, or, something similar that points to it's track prowess, is important.

LJB:D

·
Registered
128 Posts
The T/A really needs to be lighter overall and have a higher revving motor to stay true to a TransAm based car. The original T/A / AAR setups used the 340 for far better weight distribution as the big block cars had far too mush weight in the nose to handle. The 5.7, 6.1, 6.4 prob all weigh very close to the same so really don't fit the original model. The nose heavy problem is not really a problem at all anymore though. The new V6 I believe is a 4.3L with VVT and should be good for 280hp. Not sure this is quite enough to live up to a T/A nameplate though.

I'm sure they won't pass up on using the T/A on something but it prob will not be what the originals were in the lineup.

If they can get the fuel economy working well enough with the 6.1L MDS then it's possible we'll see no 5.7L at all? Not sure on that one either.

Base 4.3L
T/A 5.7L
R/T 6.1L
SRT8 6.4L

All guessing at this point. 4 Motors/Models is stretching it a bit. But we're free to dream.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If they don't offer the 6.4L, I will want a package upgrade for the 6.1L to get to a 4 second 0-60 and a 1/4 in the 12s. I don't think I can stop myself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts