Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We don’t have any official information on the 2018 Challenger SRT Hellcat or 2018 Charger SRT Hellcat, but based on a few other 2018 model year vehicles from FCA – there are three seemingly simple ways for Dodge to improve the Hellcat cars for the next model year.

All details: 3 Ways Dodge could Improve the Hellcat Challenger, Charger for 2018

1. A Wide Body Package
  2. The Torque Reserve System
  3. Weight Reduction

·
Premium Member
9,358 Posts
Better hope it's a true wide body and not give you those demon flares.
As they say "be careful of what you wish for".

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
We don’t have any official information on the 2018 Challenger SRT Hellcat or 2018 Charger SRT Hellcat, but based on a few other 2018 model year vehicles from FCA – there are three seemingly simple ways for Dodge to improve the Hellcat cars for the next model year.

All details: 3 Ways Dodge could Improve the Hellcat Challenger, Charger for 2018

1. A Wide Body Package
  2. The Torque Reserve System
  3. Weight Reduction

1) No. It looks weird and is distinctive to the Demon for functional reasons. Let's keep it that way.
2) The torque reserve system is best when tied into the various other systems unique to the Demon (Trans brake, suspension drag mode, etc). I doubt it would be worth it on the Hellcat.
3) Once again, the Demon does the weight reduction. Unfortunately I doubt all Hellcat owners want to go without sound deadening, no fancy stereo, no passenger or back seat, etc. This might be something best left to the Demon. All Challengers could benefit from weight loss, but a new platform is needed before it can help the whole lineup.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2018 Challenger Charger

1) No. It looks weird and is distinctive to the Demon for functional reasons. Let's keep it that way.
2) The torque reserve system is best when tied into the various other systems unique to the Demon (Trans brake, suspension drag mode, etc). I doubt it would be worth it on the Hellcat.
3) Once again, the Demon does the weight reduction. Unfortunately I doubt all Hellcat owners want to go without sound deadening, no fancy stereo, no passenger or back seat, etc. This might be something best left to the Demon. All Challengers could benefit from weight loss, but a new platform is needed before it can help the whole lineup.
Very interesting points.

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
The wide body will be an option on '18 Challenger Hellcats - std bodywork is on the 'regular' version. The wide-body HC will have 20 x 11" wheels, and there aren't drag radials offered in 20" sizes...so the wide-body will probably be great for road courses and some strip activities.

The Torque Reserve system- remember, the driveline was strengthened for the Demon over what the Hellcat utilizes. Another point - is why have items unique to the Demon's increased performance put onto another model that with the std 275s already overwhelms the stock tires?
-the Demon addressed the traction situation with 315 section drag radials

The weight reduction in the Demon basically means that a lot of sound insulation was removed - its noisy inside compared to a Hellcat...so driven day-to-day, the Hellcat is more livable.

I doubt many Demons would see regular time on the road, not to mention those Nittos have very sticky compound (short tread life) and probably won't be great driving in the rain. While its street legal - you can drive it to the track, run it and drive back home...but that's probably the gist of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts