Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, let me say that this was a difficult install. This catback fought me the way. I had to beat the pipes into place with a wood block and a 3lb mini sledge to make it fit. I have front and rear race ramps and blocks, so the car is completely off the ground 10". It would been impossible otherwise. I also installed the Kooks Srt8 mid pipes as well. Once it finally gave up, it lines up good. The tip placement is very good and they were easy to position. MUCH better than the Borla ATAK. I went with the Zoomers tips and their is still some flutter while standing behind the car. It has to be the air velocity, because the amount of air coming out of the tips is unreal. Like a leaf blower almost at idle. I can't hear any flutter in the car while at idle. The sound is extremely deep and well controlled, much better than the Borla ATAK. The ATAK is not a good exhaust with long tubes. The exhaust has great sound and I'm very pleased. The Zoomers does have major interior noise, just like the ATAK. The resonators do help above 2,000 rpm's. Pics later

Reactions: Speedlogix

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Sweet Congrats love the Zoomers sound

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Power feels good with the 3" pipes on the R/T. I thought my low end might suffer, however that doesn't appear to be the case.

I am really glad that the raspy roar of the ATAK is gone at WOT. The ATAK is MUCH,MUCH louder and out of control than Zoomers at WOT with the long tubes.

I actually don't feel like I'm ringing the dinner bell for every cop within 20 miles now at WOT.

The only thing I wish was that the interior noise at 2,000 rpms was less.

Zoomers > Borla ATAK..... not even close with long tubes. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE ATAK IF YOU HAVE HEADERS!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I read where you said you were going to do a retune and dyno to see what effect the zoomers had. Have you had a chance?

I added the zoomers on my completely stock RT and felt the low end loss. Looking back it may have just been the computer trying to adjust.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
My off idle torque has shifted higher in the rpm range. I can only barely squeal the tires from a stop (with no clutch abuse). However, I do have Continental DWS Xtreme tires which have massive hook for street tires.

The best thing is my car has excellent upper rpm power. The car soars to redline, no hesitation at all. It pulls as hard at 5,800 rpms as it does at 4,500 rpms.

I have often discovered that my vehicles FEEL slower at times on the street after mods, but are always faster at the track.

Also, there is no ECU adjustment at WOT. The fuel tables are set in the tune and additional mods simply lean those tables out. I've discovered that tuning speed density at WOT is not that difficult. Keep the AFR in the 12.2-12.4 range and your good to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts