Dodge Challenger Forum banner

305/35 345/30 staggered setup

328 9
Anyone run a staggered setup on widebody? Im thinking switching to a 12 wide rear 345/30. Any idea of how it will affect everyday driveability and handling?
Reactions: Bill Dobbins
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
36,780 Posts
DGatzby

A Guy

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DGatzby

A Guy
Thanks

· Premium Member
644 Posts
Thanks @A Guy.
I have 345/30’s on the rear and have done a 305/35 but more with 325/30’s up front. Used the combo both on the street and road courses. It drives just fine. 345/30’s on 12” wide rears look so good and fills the back up nearly perfect.

The rear is easy! A word of caution up front. Depending on where a new front wheel is offset a 305/35 size may rub the front of the wheel well on turns. While a 305 or even a 315/35 may work in front mounted on the stock wheels, making the wheel sit towards the outside just a bit changes the geometry just enough to cause the interference. I have both an aftermarket 11” wide and a 12” wide wheel and both have that problem. That is why I currently use a 325/30 on both.

Reactions: A Guy

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks @A Guy.
I have 345/30’s on the rear and have done a 305/35 but more with 325/30’s up front. Used the combo both on the street and road courses. It drives just fine. 345/30’s on 12” wide rears look so good and fills the back up nearly perfect.

The rear is easy! A word of caution up front. Depending on where a new front wheel is offset a 305/35 size may rub the front of the wheel well on turns. While a 305 or even a 315/35 may work in front mounted on the stock wheels, making the wheel sit towards the outside just a bit changes the geometry just enough to cause the interference. I have both an aftermarket 11” wide and a 12” wide wheel and both have that problem. That is why I currently use a 325/30 on both.
I spoke with a rep at Triumph Forged who assured me they could provide the proper offset which wouldnt cause rubbing issuew. Im also lowered on Eibach Pro springs but the drop wasnt subtantial honestly. I think the biggest id want to go up front would be 315/35? Its my dailer driver but i have a work vehicle so i normally only accumulate around 5k miles per year. Hoping it works out because because the wheel and tire set up is costly...lol

· Premium Member
644 Posts
I spoke with a rep at Triumph Forged who assured me they could provide the proper offset which wouldnt cause rubbing issuew. Im also lowered on Eibach Pro springs but the drop wasnt subtantial honestly. I think the biggest id want to go up front would be 315/35? Its my dailer driver but i have a work vehicle so i normally only accumulate around 5k miles per year. Hoping it works out because because the wheel and tire set up is costly...lol
Biz should know. Say hi for me. He did my 4x 12” wide set I use for the track.

· Registered
'18 SP modified (707hp)
422 Posts
running 305s front, 345s back. slight rubbing front, no other issues.

· Registered
'18 SP modified (707hp)
422 Posts
Reactions: A Guy and DGatzby
1 - 10 of 10 Posts