Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok people I have been searching and searching to see if my 2010 Challenger SRT8 can fit 315/35/20 on the rear without any problems? I do want to lower the car at least 1-1.5 inches too. Please help let me know what you guys know about tire sizes. Thank you! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Chrysler rolled the fenders from the factory to get the 275 not to rub on the 2015s, they said the widest on the front without issues is 275s and 305s in the back...

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
i did 315/35 x 20 on 10.5" BBS-CHR; heavy as hell but looking seriously mad max like; useless on road course;

i did burn through a bit of plastic inner wheel well on the front, bottom of the rear wheel well; nothing to be crazy but some peeps on this forum will go hip crazy if one thing happens to their Challenger...so be warned

i think the offset on these babies was 28 if i recall

ODP

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did 315/35 x 20 on 10.5" BBS-CHR; heavy as hell but looking seriously mad max like; useless on road course;

i did burn through a bit of plastic inner wheel well on the front, bottom of the rear wheel well; nothing to be crazy but some peeps on this forum will go hip crazy if one thing happens to their Challenger...so be warned

ODP
Thank you I'll check it out. Don't want to go crazy with doing modifications to fit them under the rear. Yet a little trim here and there is all good. >:)

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Chrysler rolled the fenders from the factory to get the 275 not to rub on the 2015s, they said the widest on the front without issues is 275s and 305s in the back...

Where did you hear this? Lots of people put 275s or wider without rolling fenders.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: 70TA-09RT

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Ok people I have been searching and searching to see if my 2010 Challenger SRT8 can fit 315/35/20 on the rear without any problems? I do want to lower the car at least 1-1.5 inches too. Please help let me know what you guys know about tire sizes. Thank you! :thumbsup:
Go +25mm offset to have the best chance of everything clearing. I would also recommend lowering with adjustable coil overs, that way you can adjust the ride height a little in case you rub.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Where did you hear this? Lots of people put 275s or wider without rolling fenders.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
One of the press videos online, it was TK from Chrysler... He specifically said that one of the limitations of the platform was how much tire they could get on the cars without causing interference issues...

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T
80 Posts
I have 275s on my front on viper replicas only rubbing is when I turn my wheel all the way to either side and I have 315 in the rear rubs on the fender when going on hard dips
I have nito motivo tires

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
that's a false statement a 275 and even the 315 will not rub on the earlier models if your only dropping 1" to 1 1/2" no issues also make sure you have a 18-25 offset wheel being able to run a 20x10 in the back is great. On my 09 I was lowered 2 1/2" that's why I had to roll my fender lips no rubbing issues...
315/35/20/ 20x10 rear

275/40/20 on 20x9 front

·
Registered
1,805 Posts

ODP
Can you take a quick pic of the liner in question? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Can you take a quick pic of the liner in question? Thanks
we are in 15 deg weather and snow up our arses; car is gross and cannot take wheel off to take pix

the plastic liner that is in the front bottom of the rear wheel got burned all the way to the metal;

it's how create tire clearance

my BBS CHR were 24mm offset on a 10.5" width x 20" rim

sorry cannot do better
ODP

Reactions: SoCalSRT

·
Registered
69 Posts
315 or 305s look killer on the rear. Time to save and add that. I was going to do 285 but 305s sound better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts