Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having some custom wheels made and I want to get a 315/35 20 tire in the wheel well of my SRT. I have read some threads on here and guys seem to be doing this but I cannot find out their offsets, rim width and whether or not they are rolling the fender lip in the rear (which I do not want to do). The company that builds the wheel will be giving me their recommendation since the wheels are made custom for the car but wanted to know what others are doing. Will run a 275/40 in the front which will not be a problem from what I can tell so far. Car is as well lowered with the Eiback Pro kit.

Thanks for the help.

·
Banned
863 Posts
A few guys are running viper reproductions with 10 inch rears at a +18mm offset. There seems to be no problems with the 315/35/20 . It seems to be an ideal fit. I am sure they will chime in. Their cars are lowered also.
Guys are also running Nitto 315/35/20's on the stock 9" SRT wheels. The offset is +25.4mm I believe and there are no issues also. The SRT wheel lines up dead center from the inside wheel well to the lip. I would suggest at least 10" on the rears for this size tire.
Important Question: What brand tire are you planning on running? Nitto's run smaller than other brands, and this is what most in here run. You may run into problems with BFG, Pirelli, etc..which run bigger. This is important.
Good Luck.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few guys are running viper reproductions with 10 inch rears at a +18mm offset. There seems to be no problems with the 315/35/20 . It seems to be an ideal fit. I am sure they will chime in.
Most Important Question: What brand tire are you planning on running? Nitto's run smaller than other brands, and this is what most in here run. You may run into problems with BFG, Pirelli, etc..which run bigger. This is important.
Good Luck.
I plan to run Conti DWS Extreme as they make the 275/40 and the 315/35 and this would give me the exact same rolling radius front to rear. I have these tires on my SRT8 GC and I really like them. But you are correct, all of the manufactures are different so I do need to take this into account. Might just pop one of the 315's off the Jeep and mount it to see how it works. Kind of a pain though. Wish these tires guys would work with standards.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have the 275/40 315/35 combo with the ProKit. I got a small rub in the back today over a big dip on the highway. I'll be taking the rears off and massaging the 2 bumps that Hemisam did a write up about.

Other than that I can go lock to lock forward and reverse without any rubbing in front.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the 275/40 315/35 combo with the ProKit. I got a small rub in the back today over a big dip on the highway. I'll be taking the rears off and massaging the 2 bumps that Hemisam did a write up about.

Other than that I can go lock to lock forward and reverse without any rubbing in front.
I found a tread called "how big can you go in the rear". Excellent thread and had the info I needed. Hemisam did the work for me. Thanks Sam!

·
Registered
110 Posts
How low is your car? I lowered my SRT 2" front and back and I am worried about rubbing if I go wider in the rear. The top of the rear fender to the ground is 28 1/2" and front fender to ground is 28 1/4". Whats your car sitting at? Thanks.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quick update on where I ended up. Was a little worried about going with a 315 in the rear so went with a 305/35 in the rear. Rim is 10.5" wide with a +25 mm offset. I also have Eibach pro lowering springs. Tires do not hit in the wheel well or on the quarter lip. Could of used a +30 mm wheel offset but setup in the rear is still good. Only challenge is you are very limited in tire types when you go 305 in the rear. You will need a 265/40 to match the rolling radius in the rear and I only found Pirelli Pzero's in that size.

Very happy with the results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts