Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Guys,
I have a 2013 challenger sxt.
I have a replicas srt rims 10.5 rear 25 offset.
I want to mount 315/35/20 tires but they rub.
Please tell me what size of spacers i need to install?
they rub in w yellow zone
Yellow Cable Wire Grey Machine

·
Registered
2020 R/T Scat Pack 1320 edition
114 Posts
I would jack the car up in order that I could see where it's making contact. Have someone turn the steering and observe how much it pushes in on the inner fender cover before stoping. The thinner the spacer you need the better.
Decide on 3mm or 5mm.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Is that a +25mm or a -25mm? I assume +25.

Factory 20x11 wheels have a -2.5mm (note decimal placement). If yours is a +25mm you would need to space the wheel out somewhere around 3/4 of an inch to get the same backspace as the factory wheel that runs 305 tires.

Of course you may not actually need that much to clear.

·
Registered
224 Posts
1. The factory 20x11 are for widebody models, that is why the offset is -2.5
2. For the 20x10.5 aftermarket wheels you have three options
#1. Heat the fender liner and reshape it with a hammer, hopefully that gives enough clearance.
#2. 3mm/6mm spacers; can’t go larger than 6mm with stock lugs. If you are lowered you’ll have to roll the rear fenders.
#3. 295/40 or 305/35 tires will obviously give more clearance.

I have a 12 Charger RT with 20x10.5 +22 in the rear with 295/40/20. No issues on inner liner but had to have fenders rolled slightly as I’m lowered on Pro-kit.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Alloy wheel

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
1. The factory 20x11 are for widebody models, that is why the offset is -2.5
2. For the 20x10.5 aftermarket wheels you have three options
#1. Heat the fender liner and reshape it with a hammer, hopefully that gives enough clearance.
#2. 3mm/6mm spacers; can’t go larger than 6mm with stock lugs. If you are lowered you’ll have to roll the rear fenders.
#3. 295/40 or 305/35 tires will obviously give more clearance.

I have a 12 Charger RT with 20x10.5 +22 in the rear with 295/40/20. No issues on inner liner but had to have fenders rolled slightly as I’m lowered on Pro-kit.

View attachment 1008025
I get what you are saying. I did find something interesting when I compared my wide body wheel to my '09 SRT8 Alcoa wheel. The wide body wheel is 2 inches wider with a virtually identical back-space of ~6 inches. The '09 9 inch wheel has a +25.5mm offset, compared to the -2.5mm of the 11 inch wheel. A 10.5 inch wheel with a +25mm offset will have a backspace of about 6.75 inches. This indicates the inside of the tire will be pushed in 3/4 of an inch over the original set-up. That seems to be quite a push inward to me and could easily cause rubbing on inner wheel wells and various other chassis bits.

Simply my observations. Nothing more or less. :)

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I am assuming this is the rears right? No way will this work on the fronts of a 2013 Sxt.
For rears: +25 offset is too deep for 315s, even for 305's in my opinion. Drop in a 1/4" spacer and see how it goes. If it still rubs, the liner needs to be worked on. You can do a search.. there are many topics about this on this forum.
If your tire brand runs narrow, it will work in your favor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts